Kunming is the capital and largest city in Yunnan Province. Kunming is the forefront and the portal that China facing Southeast Asia, South Asia and even the Middle East. Travelers would do well to familiarize themselves with the provincial, inter-provincial, and internationally-linked transportation network, including travel options by air, by rail, and by road. The main air, rail, and highway routes within the province and beyond are listed below.
How to Get in Kunming?
Kunming Changshui International Airport(昆明长水国际机场) is located in Changshui Village, Guandu District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province. It is operated and managed by Yunnan Airport Group Co., Ltd. and is one of the top 100 airports in the world. We provide tourists with detailed flight information.
Domestic and international Cities & Flights to Kunming City
Located in the southwest part of China, Kunming is the entrance to Southeast Asia countries, there are a lot of flight from most of domestic cities and the cities of neighbouring countries.
By High-speed Rail
Kunming South Railway Station(昆明南站), located in Wujiaying of Chenggong District in Kunming. It is a special station under the jurisdiction of China Railway Kunming Bureau Group Co., Ltd. and an important infrastructure for China's "Belt and Road" program to radiate Southeast Asia. It is also an important transportation hub for the construction of the middle road network in Yunnan Province.
Kunming South Railway Station mainly undertakes Yun-Gui High Speed Railway(云昆高速铁路), Hu-Kun High Speed Railway(沪昆高速铁路), Yu-Kun High Speed Railway(玉昆高速铁路), Cheng-Kun High Speed Railway(成昆高速铁路), Kun-Yu Intercity Railway(昆玉城际铁路).
Kunming Railway Station(昆明火车站), located in Guandu District, Kunming City. It is under the jurisdiction of China Railway Kunming Bureau Group Co., Ltd., and it is the principal station. It is the operating start and stop station of Hu-Kunming Railway, Cheng-Kun Railway, Nan-Kun Railway . Kunming Station has 6 waiting stations and 12 tracks.
By Long-distance Bus
Kunming has five major bus passenger stations, namely east, west, south, north and northwest.
East Bus Passenger Station(东部客运站)
Address: In the junction of Hongqiao Road and Zhaoqing Road of Panlong District
1. All area under administration of Wenshan;
2.Giejiu City, Kaiyuan City, Mengzi County, Maitreya County, Luxi County, Hekou County, Pingbian County, Jinping County;
3. Luliang County, Shizong County, Luoping County of Qujing;
4. Shilin County, Yiliang County of Kunming;
West Bus Passenger Station(西部汽车客运站)
Address: No.18, Yining Road of Xishan Road
1. All area under administration of Dali prefecture;
2. All area under adminstrtion of Baoshan City:
3. All area under adminstrtion of Dehong;
4. All area under adminstrtion of Linchang City;
5. All area under adminstrtion of Nujiang;
6. All area under adminstrtion of Diqing;
7. Yulong County, Yongsheng County, Ninglang County of Lijiang;
8. Jingdong County (belongs to Puer City);
9. Shangyun Town (belongs to Lancang County, Pu'er City)
South Bus Passenger Station(南部汽车客运站)
Address: No.7, Shangbo Street of Guandu District
1. All area under administration ofPu'er City(exceptShangyun Town and Jingdong County);
2. All area under administration of Xishuangbanna;
3. All area under administration ofYuxi City(except Yimen County);
4. Jianshui County, Shiping County, Yuanyang County, Green County, Honghe County;
5. Jinning County (belong to Kunming City);
6. Parts of the international buses.
North Bus Passenger Station (北部汽车客运站)
Address: In Fengyuan Road of Panlong District
1. All area under administration of Qujing City (Except Luliang County, Shizong County, Luoping County, with the exception of Luoping County);
2. All area under administration of Zhaotong City;
3.Songming County, Luquan County, Dongchuan District of Kunming;
Northwest Bus Passenger Station(西北部汽车客运站)
Address: In the junction of Xiaotun Road and Chenjiaying Road
1. All area under administration of Chuxiong prefecture;
2. Yimen County (belonging to Yuxi City);
3. Anning City, Fumin County, Luquan County of Kuming;
4. Huaping County (belongings to Lijiang City);
5. Panzhihua City (belongings to Sichuan Province).
And if you don't know how to book tickets, you can connect with us to help you. Our email is @YunnanExploration.com and telephone is 86-871-63511469.
How to Get Around Kunming?
The fare for public buses is RMB1 or RMB2 throughout Kunming. Most of the buses in the city start at 6:00 am and end at 10:30 pm. Passengers should stand close to the door if they want to get off, otherwise, the driver may simply not stop. Some buses also have an English recording that calls out the names of stops.
Taxi fare in Kunming is RMB8 for the first 3 km and RMB1.8 for each additional km (RMB9.6 and RMB2.7 after 10 PM). For a trip longer than 10 km, the part after 10km is charged RMB2.7/km.
Sharing bicycle is another option in Kunming. You need to download an APP, such as OFO Bicycle. The deposit is 99 yuan and can be refunded at any time. New registration is free for five times, 1 yuan an hour. Riding fee is 1 yuan per 60 minutes for ofo and 0.5 yuan per 60 minutes for students.