2 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour
During this 2 days Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour, you will have the chance to visit the deepest gorge in the world – Tiger Leaping Gorge, and also appreciate...
Code of Tour: CDT0000000890
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Lijiang-Shigu-Qiaotou-Tiger Leaping Gorge-Lijiang
Departure City: Lijiang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour:
During this 2 days Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour, you will have the chance to visit the deepest gorge in the world – Tiger Leaping Gorge, and also appreciate beautiful scenery around Lijiang.
- Trek around the world’s deepest gorge – Tiger Leaping Gorge.
- Appreciate the beautiful scenery along road.
- Day 1: Lijiang- Qiaotou – Halfway Guesthouse
- Day 2: Bendiwan Village-Hetaoyuan-Lijiang
Day 1 Lijiang- Qiaotou – Halfway Guesthouse
Sightseeing and Activities: Nuoyu Village, 28 Turns Trail, the upper Tiger Leaping Gorge, Haba Snow Mountain
At 8:00, pick up by the tour guide from the hotel and take the public bus to Qiaotou Town, it takes 2 hours on the trip. Tiger Leaping Gorge hike tour is one of the most beautiful trekking tour of Yunnan Province. This hiking trip starts from Qiaotou. About two hours trekking in the upper Tiger Leaping Gorge, arrive at Naxi Family and have lunch there. It is easy trekking from Qiaotou to Naxi Family, but beautiful scenery.
After lunch, a trekking from Naxi Family to 28 zigzagging turns will be a challenge for you. From the top of “28 turns” on the high path further uphill to a place of altitude above 3000 m, you can have a view of the panorama of the entire Gorge. The go pass Tea Horse Guest House (5 hours) and arrive at Halfway Guesthouse (2500 m) to finish today’s trekking. The total trekking route is 26 km, and it takes about 6-8 hours.
Stay at Halfway Hostel(standard room)
Day 2 Bendiwan Village-Hetaoyuan-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: Waterfalls and Streams, Middle Rapids, Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge, Walnut Grove
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the early morning, continue hiking to Tina’s Inn (2 hours) after another hour walking down the steep cliff to the bank of Jinsha River to the Middle Gorge (Middle Hutiao or Middle Rapids), worship the dangerous shoal of “Starriness”, it is the most narrow part of the gorge, where a tiger can easily jump over the Jinsha River.
From Half way Guesthouse to Middle Hutia
o or Rapids will take between 3 to 4 hours. Then climb up the gorge to Walnut Grove (Woody’s Guesthouse) using either the Tianti or Yixiantian route. Depending on how tired, choose the one to suit on the day. So from Middle Hutiao to Walnut Grove will take 2 or 3 hours and the total trekking hour for the day from Halfway Guesthouse to Walnut Grove will be about 5 to 6.
Finish the trekking and take the public bus (15:00 from Tina’s Hostel) back to Lijiang.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.