4 Days Datong and Pingyao Culture Tour
During this tour, you will have the chance to explore the profound cultures of these two ancient cities: Datong and Pingyao. ...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001076
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Datong-Pingyao
Departure City: Pingyao
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture History
Shanxi Datong and Pingyao are two famous historic and cultural cities with well preserved ancient appearance. During this tour, you will have the chance to explore the profound cultures of these two ancient cities.
- Explore world-famous Yungang Caves and Hanging Temple.
- Visit the highlights of Pingyao ancient city: Ancient City Wall, Rishengchang Exchange Shop…
- Day 1: Datong Arrival
- Day 2: Datong
- Day 3: Datong – Pingyao
- Day 4: Pingyao Departure
Day 1 Datong Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
Upon arrival, met by tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this city.
Day 2 Datong
Sightseeing and Activities: Yungang Grottoes, Huayan Monastery, Nine Dragon Wall
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast at hotel, start today’s tour with the ancient Chinese Buddhist temple grottoes Yungang Grottoes. They are excellent examples of rock-cut architecture and one of the three most famous ancient Buddhist sculptural sites of China.
We will also visit the Huayan Monastery and Nine Dragon Wall. Huayan Temple is the largest and most perfectly preserved temple of the Liao and Jin dynasties in China. Nine Dragon Wall is the oldest and largest glazed-tile Nine Dragon wall still extant in China.
Day 3 Datong – Pingyao
Sightseeing and Activities: Qiao Family’s Compound
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Morning after breakfast, drive to Pingyao for a visiting. We will stop at the Qiao Family’s Compound. Qiao Family’s Compound is the residential compound of well-known financier Qiao Zhiyong, who was the most famous member of the Qiao family. It is to be one of the finest remaining examples of imposing private residences in northern China.
Stay overnight at Pingyao.
Day 4 Pingyao Departure
Sightseeing and Activities: Rishengchang Exchange Shop, Ming and Qing Street
Morning, head to visit Rishengchang Exchange Shop and Ming and Qing Street. Rishengchang Exchange Shop is one of the earliest exchange shops in China founded during the Qing Dynasty; Ming and Qing Street was the busiest centre of business at that time.
In the afternoon, transferred to the train station for your next destination.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.