1 Day Fujian Tulou Tour to Nanjing and Yongding
During this Fujian Tulou tour, we will visit Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster, Yuchanglou, Taxia village in Nanjing and Chengqilou in Yongding....
Code of Tour: CDT0000001009
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Xiamen-Nanjing-Yongding-Xiamen
Departure City: Xiamen
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture History Landscape
Fujian Tulou has been variously called “Hakka tulou”, “earth dwelling” or “round stronghouse”. It is a traditional communal Hakka people residence and unique earthen building found in Fujian province. It was included on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008.
- Visit Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster, Yuchanglou, Taxia village in Nanjing.
- Visit Chengqilou in Yongding.
In the morning, our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive about 2.5 hours to Shuyang in Nanjing. Upon arrival, head to visit Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster, Yuchanglou(Yuchang Building) and Taxia village.
Tianluokeng Tulou cluster is one of the better known groups of Fujian Tulou. It consists of a square earth building at the center of a quincunx, surrounded by four round earth buildings. Yuchanglou is the oldest and biggest round earth building, famous for its tilted pillars, which covers an area of 6358 square meters with 5 storeys and 270 rooms. Taxia village is part of the Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster with fine environment and the healthy ways of life. People living here are longevous.
Then move on to Yongding for visiting Chengqilou in Gaobei Village. Built in 1709, it is massive round tulou with four concentric rings surrounding an ancestral hall at the center, four storeys and 72 rooms on each level.
After the tour, transferred back to Xiamen and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.