2 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: Jiankou, Mutianyu, and Jinshanling Great Wall
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking experience from Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Wall, and Jinshanling Great Wall. We will camping in the Haowangluo tower on Gubeikou Great Wall, enjoy gorgeous sunrise and sunset on the Great Wall, hike on the steepest great wall in Beijing, and visit the longest wall in China.
- Exciting hiking tour on the Great Wall
- Climbing the steepest great wall in Beijing, Jiankou Great Wall
- Climb to the highest tower on the Jiankou Great Wall, Zhengbeilou Tower
- Enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Great Wall
- Explore the UNESO Heritage site, Jinshanling Great Wall
- Camping in the Haowangluo tower on Gubeikou Great Wall
- Day 1: Jiankou Great Wall – Mutianyu Great Wall
- Day 2: Jinshanling Great Wall
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jiankou Great Wall; Mutianyu Great Wall; Camping in Haowanglou Tower; Zhengbeilou Tower
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2.5 hours to the Jiankou Great Wall.
We start the hike from Xizhaizi village, you will experience the best unrestored wild Great Wall. Firstly, your guide takes you to Zhengbeilou Tower (the highest tower on Jiankou Great Wall) which takes about 1 hour by walking through the mountain path. Later, you will take a ladder up to Zhengbeilou Tower, which features some amazing ruins and scenes of rustic beauty. Midway through the hike to Mutianyu Great Wall, you will cross the mountain. You will pass about 17 towers (about 8 towers on Jiankou section and about 9 towers on Mutianyu section) with about 3 hours for the whole hiking on the Great Wall. So you could enjoy the beauty of both section of the wall – natural and well-preserved wall. Finally, you have 3 choices to come down: 1.Cable car 2.Walk way 3.Tabbogan.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking takes about 4 hours and 9 km (5.6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Sleep in Haowanglou Tower on Gubeikou Great Wall for overnight.
We’ll prepare the necessary camping facilities such as tents, sleeping bags, etc. You don’t need to prepare anything for the camping.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jinshanling Great Wall
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise. Then come down from the wall to local inn have breakfast. After breakfast, drive to Jinshanling Great Wall.
You could climb up to the great wall or you could take cable car up to the great wall. We suggest you climb up to the great wall as this section is easy to hike. We start the hike from Zhuanduokou Pass, you will hike over 15 watch towers (about 5 km) and arrive at East Five – Window Tower which takes about 4 hours, come down from the East Five – Window Tower. Or you could just hike about 4 km and arrive at Houchuankou Pass which takes about 3 hours, come down from the Houchuankou Pass.
Hike level is about 3.
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- One night camping on the wall
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.