2 Days Beijing Great Walls Hiking Tour: Jinshanling Great Wall, Simatai Great Wall, and Gubei Water Town
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour on Jinshanling Great Walls and Simatai Great Wall. We will visit one of the ancient walls in...
Code of Tour: YCT-BJ025
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour:
Departure City: Beijing
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Hiking Culture Sunrise Sunset Climbing
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour on Jinshanling Great Walls and Simatai Great Wall. We will visit one of the ancient walls in China, more than 2000 years history. And experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town.
- Exciting hiking tour on the Great Wall
- Experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town
- Day 1: Jinshanling Great Wall
- Day 2: Simatai Great Wall-Gubei Water Town
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jinshanling Great Wall
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel at 8:00 am (If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly). It takes about 2.5 hours to the Jinshanling Great-wall, which is one of the ancient walls in China, more than 2000 years history.
You could climb up to the great wall or you could take cable car up to the great wall. We suggest you climb up to the great wall as this section is easy to hike. We start the hike from Zhuanduokou Pass, you will hike over 15 watch towers (about 5 km) and arrive at East Five – Window Tower which takes about 4 hours, come down from the East Five – Window Tower. Or you could just hike about 4 km and arrive at Houchuankou Pass which takes about 3 hours, come down from the Houchuankou Pass.
Hike level is about 3.
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Simatai Great Wall; Gubei Water Town
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall. Then back to the inn have breakfast. After breakfast, we start the tour.
Firstly, hike total 10 towers with about 2 hours on the Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Town, It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features.
After lunch, visit Gubei Water Town. The Water Town covers an area of 9 square kilometers including reproduced cultural streets, accommodation, restaurants etc. There are four guesthouses and 2 hotels to accommodation visitors. You can spend as long as 2 days in the town with many cultural activities.
Hike level is about 2.
After the tour, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- One night stay at local inn.
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.