Qinghai Museum Facts
Qinghai Provincial Museu covers an area of 17,000 square meters with the construction area of 20,800 square meters, its 9 halls are all with magnificent Tang style. Ever since the establishment, Qinghai Provincial Museum has made itself to the collection and research of the local relics of history, folks and religion. There are more than 100,000 pieces of exhibits.
Chinese Name: 青海博物馆
Type: Culture & Museums
Address: No. 58 Xiguan Street, Chengxi District, Xining City
Best Seasons: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: about 2.5 hours
Opening Hours: 9:00-16:30 in summer and 9:30-16:00 in winter, closed on Mondays
Why is Qinghai Museum So Special?
- Qinghai Museum is the first large-scale comprehensive museum with modern functions in qinghai province. It is affiliated with qinghai provincial department of culture, press and publication.
- In January 2017, it was rated as a national first-class museum by the China association of museums.
Brief Introduction of Qinghai Museum
Qinghai is also called as “Amdo“, Qinghai Provincial Museum 青海省博物馆 covers an area of 17,000 square meters with the construction area of 20,800 square meters, its 9 halls are all with magnificent Tang style. Ever since the establishment, Qinghai Provincial Museum has made itself to the collection and research of the local relics of history, folks and religion. There are more than 100,000 pieces of exhibits.
What to See in Qinghai Museum
The cultural relics that this Museum has are displayed according to its timetable, reflecting the process of developing Qinghai. Some of the items are dated back to the chipped stone tools from the Paleolithic Age, in addition, there are
- The stone artifacts, implements of chipped stone from Paleolithic age
- The bone objects, bronze items of Neolithic age as well as bronze age
- The ceramics, bronze mirrors, wood figurines, bronze seals, tablet inscriptions, bronze figurines, handwritten scriptures, Persian silver coins in Tang dynasty as well as Han dynasty
- The bronze drinking vessels, stone sculptures as well as paper currency from Yuan dynasty
- The calligraphy, porcelain and painting from Qing and Ming dynasties
The rich exhibits fully displays the unique cultural traditions of Qinghai in the form of photos, animal samples and mineral samples as well as modern audio and electrical equipment.
- 12 Days Qinghai-Amdo Tibetan Tours
- 10 Days Qinghai and Tibet Mount Everest Tour by Train
- 11 Days Xining and Tibet Train Tour from Shanghai
- 13 Days Qinghai and Tibet Train Tour from Beijing
- 6 Days Qinghai and Gansu Overland Photography Tour
- 6 Days Xining and Lhasa Train Tour
How to get to Zhangye Danxia Landform
Travel with ChinaDragonTours (top recommended)
If you want to get out of the traffic and hassle of navigation, you can book a private tour package that includes visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local guide and driver will escort you to Qinghai MuseumQinghai Museum in the fastest and most convenient way and take care of all the details. You just have to focus on the visiting.
Transportation: take no. 2 to get off at Hutai, take no. 12, no. 18, no. 22 to get off at the south of Xinning Square, take no. 9, no. 13, no. 25, no. 31, no. 85, no. 108 to get off at the north of Xinning Square.
Useful Travel Tips
- .Avoid visiting during school holidays and Golden Week in October as there will be large numbers of local tourists.
There are beef jerky, cordyceps sinensis, deer antler, ginseng fruit, Xining rhubarb and so on, the handicraft is more full of beautiful things in eyes, including carpet, Tibet wool, blankets, butter sculpture, etc.
With a relative high sea level, temperature differs greatly between daytime and at night. Visitors may consider bring along warm clothing even in summer time. Sun’s solar radiation in highland is strong and intense, so sunscreen, sunglasses, lip creams are needed to protect your eyes and skin.