Hong’an Ancient Town in Xiushan County, Chongqing
Hong'an Ancient Town in Xiushan County, Chongqing introduces the main attractions, Reviews, entrance tickets booking, The best time to visit, How to Get there, the highlights, facts, history, photos, weather, accommodation, visiting routes, travel tips, tour maps of The Hong'an Ancient Town in Xiushan County.
English Name: Hong'an Ancient Town in Xiushan County, Chongqing
Chinese Name: 重庆秀山县洪安古镇
Opening Hours: All day
Admission Fee: Free
Best Time: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: 1 or 3 hours
Address: Hong'an Town, Xiushan County, Chongqing
Hong’an Ancient Town
Located at the junction of Chongqing, Guizhou, and Hunan, Hong’ an Ancient Town integrates features of three places. This is a perfect place for you to relax and comfort yourself, listening to love stories from the old generation by ferry.
Although the story is from the book, there is still a ferry at the wharf. The difference is that Cuicui is not there waiting for her boy. Moreover, we cannot listen to her songs in the valley.
The Border Town of Shen Congwen
Maybe you are not very familiar with Hong’an Ancient Town, but most people know about the Border Town of Shen Congwen. This novel regarded Hong’ an Ancient Town as the base, and the miserable love story that happened in the book is here. In Shen Congwen’s writings, the border town is a simple folk paradise.
Travel Guide Accommodation in Chongqing
Travel with China Dragon Tours(Top Recommended)
If you are looking for Hong’an Ancient Town travel information, China Dragon Tour has you covered. When visiting Hong’ an Ancient Town, China Dragon Tours can provide you with extensive Hong’ a piece of Ancient Town information, as well as great savings on nearby hotels and flights!
When traveling to Hong’an Ancient Town, leave plenty of time for sightseeing – you wouldn’t want to miss out on top attractions like Hong’an Ancient Town! And before you go, make sure to read China Dragon Tours’ Hong’an Ancient Town sightseeing Guide, filled with all you need to know for the best Hong’ an Ancient Town experience possible.
How to Get There
- Driving: Urban area – Chongqing Inner Ring Expressway – Baotou-Maoming Expressway – Xiushan County – Hong’ an Ancient Town
- There are 5 buses from Chongqing bus station to Xiushan from 9:30 in the morning, with the fare of about 160 yuan; the bus from Xiushan to Hong’an costs 6 yuan.
- You can also take the train from Chongqing railway station to Xiushan and then transfer to Hong’ an by bus.
Useful Travel Tips
- Food: Hongan ancient town “one pot of three provinces” – Hongan pickled fish, set in Chongqing, Hunan, Guizhou cuisine essence of three cooking. The ingredients are Hunan fish, Guizhou tofu and Chongqing pickles. the food is a delicacy reflecting the “harmony” of the three places.
- Accommodation: in the past, the island “Sanbuguan” (三不管)has become the largest comprehensive tourism resort in the border areas of Chongqing, Hunan, and Guizhou, integrating catering, accommodation, conference, leisure and entertainment, and ethnic tourism. Room prices range from 100 to 300. Accommodation needs to be booked.
Main Attractions in Chongqing
- Zhuoshui Ancient Town in Qianjiang District
- E’ling Park (Goose Neck Park) in Chongqing
- Three Gorges Museum in Chongqing
- Ciqikou Ancient Town in Chongqing
- Kanggu Scenic Area in Chengkou County
- Longgang National Geopark in Yunyang County
- Huaxia Peony Garden in Dianjiang County
- Chiyou Jiuli City in Pengshui County
- Qianye Grassland in Shizhu County
- Taohuayuan Scenic Area in Youyang County
- Dazu Rock Carvings in Chongqing
- Ningchang Ancient Town in Wuxi County
Edited by Lynette Fu/付云锐