Xiasi Scenic Area in Kaili, Qiandongnan
With Qingshui River as the link, Xiasi scenic spot integrates natural scenery, history and culture as well as national customs, with 52 sceneries. The superior location, beautiful natural scenery, splendid history and culture, and rich and simple national customs of Xiasi scenic area provide good conditions for the development of tourism.
Type: Scenic Attraction
Chinese Name: 下司风景区
Opening Hours: 08:-18:00
Admission Ticket: CNY 60
Recommended Travel Time: 2~3 hours
Location: Xiasi Town, Majiang County, Kaili, Guizhou Province(贵州省凯里市马江县下寺镇)
Xiasi Scenic Area
With Qingshui River as the link, Xiasi scenic spot integrates natural scenery, history and culture as well as national customs, with 52 sceneries.
Where is Xiasi Scenic Area?
Xiasi scenic spot is located in Xiasi Town, Qingshui River, Kaili Economic Development Zone, Qiandongnan Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China.
Why is Xiasi Scenic Area So Special?
The superior location, beautiful natural scenery, splendid history and culture, and rich and simple national customs of Xiasi scenic area provide good conditions for the development of tourism.
History of Xiasi Scenic Area
In the 13th year of Jiaqing (1808 A.D.), Majiang Xiasi was turned into a commercial port and developed into a downtown city in the Republic of China with water and land terminals. It is an important material distribution center in Southeast Guizhou. At present, the main street on both sides of the Taiwan Strait still retains the 30 meter stone class wharf and small wharf built in 1779 (the forty fourth year of Qianlong’s reign in the Qing Dynasty) in a fan-shaped way, as well as the ancient temples, ruins of ancient temples, ancient residents and ancient roadways such as Yuwang palace and Guanyin Pavilion.
In Tonggu village, more than 120 farmers are engaged in modern folk painting. Hundreds of works have been exhibited and won prizes at home and abroad. Some of them have been sent to museums for collection. Therefore, Majiang county has been named “modern folk painting town of China” by the Ministry of culture. The Miao people in Baiyang village are mysterious, simple and primitive, attracting tens of thousands of Chinese and foreign tourists to visit. The Yao people’s singing and dancing and batik in Heba are highly appreciated and favored by tourists.
How to Get to Xiasi Scenic Area?
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you to Xiasi Scenic Area with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
Tourists can take bus No.1 or No.9 from Kaili railway station to Grand Cross, and then take bus No.2 to the second shopping mall, and then you can see the bus to Xiasi. Take the shuttle bus to the scenic spot.
Useful Travel Tips
Majiang Xiasi scenic area is a subtropical humid climate area in Central Guizhou, with an annual average temperature of 16.3 ℃, no severe cold in winter, not very hot in summer, and can be visited in all seasons.
Recommended Kaili Tour Packages
- 5 Days Guiyang Xijiang Kali Libo Xiasi Group Tour
- 5 Days Guiyang Libo Xijiang Anshun Group Tour
- 13 Days Hunan and Guizhou Tour
- 6 Days Guizhou Fanjingshan Mountain Tour
- 2 Days Kaili Miao Minority Villages Tour from Guiyang
- 6 Days Guizhou Impression Tour to Anshun & Kaili
- 4 Days Kaili Miao Minority Villages Tour from Guiyang
- 14 Days Guilin-Guizhou-Zhangjiajie Nature Wonders Tour with Minorities Discovery
More Attractions in Kaili
- Xijiang Miao Village in Qiandongnan
- Zhaoxing Dong Village in Liping County, Qiandongnan
- Basha Miao Village in Congjiang County, Qiandongnan
- Langde Miao Village in Leishan County, Qiandongnan
- Qingman Short-skirt Miao Village in Kaili, Qiandongnan
- Jidao Long-skirt Miao Village in Kaili, Qiandongnan
- Miao Intangible Cultural Heritage Museum in Kaili City
- Kaili Ethnic Museum, Qiandongnan
- Nanhua Village in Kaili, Qiandongnan
- Xiasi Ancient Town in Kaili