2 Days Guangzhou City Highlights Tour
Founded in 214 BC, Guangzhou is always a mix of new and old. There are some of the oldest temples in China, a millenarian-old park, an imperial tomb of a southern kingdom, etc. Through this tour, you will learn more about Guangzhou’s history and culture by visiting Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family, Yuexiu Park, Temple of Six Banyan Trees, Western Han Nanyue King Tomb Museum.
- Learn about Guangzhou’s history and culture.
- Visit Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in memory of Sun Yat-sen – the “father of China”.
- Day 1: Guangzhou
- Day 2: Guangzhou
Day 1 Guangzhou
Sightseeing and Activities: Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family
Morning, be picked up by tour guide and transferred to visit Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. It is an octagon-shaped building in Guangzhou in memory of Sun Yat-sen. Built with funds raised by local and overseas Chinese people, it houses a large stage and seats 3,240 people.
Then move on the tour to Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family. With a history of more than 100 years but still in its original shape, it is the largest, best preserved, and best decorated ancient architecture existing in Guangdong province.
Day 2 Guangzhou
Sightseeing and Activities: Yuexiu Park, Temple of Six Banyan Trees, Western Han Nanyue King Tomb Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Today is another day to explore Guangzhou city. First we will head to visit Yuexiu Park, the largest comprehensive park in downtown Guangzhou, only 20 minutes drive away Liurong Temple. The main attractions include the stone Five-Ram Sculpture, Zhenhai Tower, the site of the Ming Dynasty City Wall, and Square Cannon Site.
Then move on to Temple of Six Banyan Trees. With a long history of about 1,400 years, it is one of the four best Buddhist temples in Guangzhou. There is a rich collection of cultural-relics.
Afterwards continue the tour to Western Han Nanyue King Tomb Museum, which houses the 2,000-year-old tomb of the Nanyue King Zhao Mo. Discovered in 1983 and opened in 1988, it showcases the tomb and its complete trove of artifacts.
After all the tour, be escorted back to your hotel and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.