Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures in Zhenyuan County, Qiandongnan
Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures is a wonderful example of the combination of Han architecture in the south of the Yangtze River and the mountain architectural culture of southwest ethnic minorities. It is the largest ancient architectural complex in Guizhou Province.
Type: Historical Buildings, Temples and Taoist Temples
Chinese Name: 青龙洞古建筑群
Opening Hours: 9:00-17:30
Admission Ticket: RMB 60
Recommended Travel Time: 2~3 hours
Location: Dongxia street, Zhenyuan County, Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture(黔东南苗族侗族自治州镇远县东峡街)
Why is Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures So Special?
1. Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures is a wonderful example of the combination of Han architecture in the south of the Yangtze River and the mountain architectural culture of southwest ethnic minorities. It is the largest ancient architectural complex in Guizhou Province.
2. Qinglong cave is one of the few examples of the unity of Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism and three religions in China. It is also a model and model for the harmonious development of different religions in China.
Where is Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures?
Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures is located in Dongxia street, Zhenyuan County, Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture, located in Zhonghe mountain, east of Zhenyuan City, 0.5km away from the center of the county.
History of Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures
Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures was built in the middle of Ming Dynasty. It has a history of nearly 500 years. It was destroyed by soldiers and fire several times. It was repaired several times. The ancient buildings began to be built in modern scale after generations. Approved by the State Council in 1988, it was listed as a state-level key cultural relics protection unit.
Main Attractions of Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures
Ziyang academy, also known as Ziyang cave, is located on the stone cliff on the east side of the Longevity Palace. It was built in Jiajing period of Ming Dynasty. It was built in memory of Zhu Xi, a great Confucian, and aimed at spreading Confucianism.
Zhongyuan Cave, also known as Zhongyuan Temple, was built in Jiajing period of Ming Dynasty. It was called “beidong” and “Zhonghe cave” in ancient times. There are big Buddha Hall, Wangxing tower, single column Pavilion, hexagonal pavilion and other buildings, with Zhusheng bridge in the West.
Zhusheng Bridge, formerly known as “Wuxi Bridge”, is commonly known as “old bridge”. It connects Fucheng in the West and zhongyuandong in the north of zhongheshan in the East, which is a large stone bridge across Wushui. It is made of Dafang bluestone, with a total length of 135 meters, a width of 80.15 meters, a height of 17 meters, and a total of 7 holes. The foundation of the bridge was built in the Hongnian period of Ming Dynasty, and the bridge body has been well preserved since the 37th year of Wanli.
How to Get to Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures?
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you to Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
- Take the expressway from Guizhou to Kaili, cross three trees, Shidong, and get to Zhenyuan.
- From Guizhou, go straight through Majiang to sanshuxia expressway. Sanshuxia is 41 kilometers away from Zhenyuan, about 1.5 hours away.
- Leigongshan Nature Reserve
- Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures
- Nanhua Village in Kail, Qiandongnan
- Kaili Ethnic Museum, Qiandongnan
- Xiasi Scenic Area in Kaili, Qiandongnan
- Flying Clouds Cliff in Qiandongnan