Hasuhai Lake in Hohhot
Hasuhai Lake is naturally formed. It remains from before the course of the Yellow River was changed, which is also an exoreic freshwater lake in the Daheihe water system. It is also known as the “West Lake North of the Great Wall”.
Type: Nature Landscape
Chinese Name: 哈素海
Opening Hours: All day (Monday Sunday, January 1- December 31)
Recommended Travel Time: 1~3 hours
Best Time to Visit: July to August
Location: 70 km west of tumed Left Banner, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region(内蒙古自治区呼和浩特市土默特左旗西70公里)
Hasuhai Lake is on the south side of Daqing Mountain, 70 km west of tumed Left Banner, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Hasuhai Lake is naturally formed, and has a surface area of 45,000 acres. It remains from before the course of the Yellow River was changed, which is also an exoreic freshwater lake in the Daheihe water system. Hasuhai is abbreviated from Halawusuhai, meaning “black water” in Mongolian. It is also known as the “West Lake North of the Great Wall”.
Why is Hasuhai Lake So Special?
Hasuhai lake is rich in carp, grass carp, crucian carp, shrimp, crab, etc. When you are in the hassu sea, you can see the clear sky and clear water, blue color, Pu Ping clumps and light boats. You will feel that the hassu sea is like a light and elegant ink painting.
How to Get to Hasuhai Lake?
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you to Hasuhai Lake with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
- Take a bus from Hohhot coach station to hassuhai, about an hour’s drive.
- If you drive by yourself, you can go west along the expressway or National Highway 110 in Hohhot to Hasuhai.
Useful Travel Tips
- Tourists can take cruise ships and boats to enjoy the beautiful views of the lakes.
- From July to August every year is the best time to visit here. The reed is floating and there are white flowers in between. The scenery is very beautiful.
- There is a reservoir and a fishing ground in the lake. There are boats for tourists to enjoy the scenery of the lake and enjoy the fresh fish on board.
- Great Mosque in Hohhot
- Five-Pagoda Temple in Hohhot
- Inner Mongolia Museum
- Dazhao Temple in Hohhot
- Zhaojun Tomb in Hohhot
- Happy Valley of Xilamuren Grassland in Hohhot