Daocheng County Climate
Daocheng County is located in a subtropical climate zone. Influenced by the complex topography of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, Daocheng County has the characteristics of plateau climate and continental climate, belonging to the plateau monsoon climate. The weather is sunny and sunny most of the year. Daocheng County (Garzê) Weather and Climate describes information with temperature, precipitation, Geography, What Clothes to Wear in Daocheng County, weather and climate by month, climate graph, 15 days Daocheng County weather forecast. Find out the best time to visit Daocheng County and see the season highlights in Daocheng County.
Daocheng County Climate & Weather
Features of Daocheng Climate
- Daocheng county is mainly affected by the south westerly air flow over the western plateau of Asia in the winter. The air is dry and sunny. Part of the cold air in the north exceeded the Bayan Har Mountains and influence the south, causing rain and snow in the county. In summer, due to the influence of the southwest warm air flow from the Indian Ocean, the temperature over the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau is heated rapidly, with high temperature and low air pressure; the air around the Plateau recombines, and the upward movement is strong, so there is much rain, hail and thunderstorms.
- The area with an altitude of 3300~3900 meters in Daocheng county is the area with the same season of rain and heat. The 7 townships in Daoba area and the townships of Mula and songkhla in Gongling area belong to this type of area, accounting for 70% of the whole county. The annual rainfall is 636 mm, and the annual rainfall is mainly concentrated in June to September.
- Daocheng county, which has abundant light resources, has great light potential and strong solar radiation, with an annual radiation of 135~157.8 kcal/cm. When the annual sunshine hours are 1400~2620 hours, the accumulated temperature of greater than or equal to 0% is 3000~5000℃, and the light, heat and water are basically in the same season.
- Daocheng has a large daily temperature range. 7 villages in Daoba area have high altitudes, belonging to alpine cold zones and cold temperate zones. The temperature difference between day and night in summer is not very large, and the temperature difference between day and night in winter is large. Part of Gongling area has a higher altitude, belonging to the alpine cold zone, while the other part has a higher altitude, belonging to the alpine cold temperate zone.
- Daocheng County is one of the counties with more sunshine in Garze Prefecture, with an average sunshine duration of 2629.4 hours and a sunshine rate of over 60%. In terms of seasonal distribution, the highest percentage is 84% in winter and the lowest percentage is 16% in summer. Annual sunshine is 2789.8 hours at most and 2380.7 hours at least. The maximum number of sunshine hours per day is 13 hours, and the minimum number of sunshine hours per day is 0 hours.
- The annual average water pressure in Daocheng County over the years is 5.2 hundred Pa, which is relatively stable with small interannual variation. The lowest value of seasonal change is 1.3 hundred pascals in January and the highest value is 10.3 hundred pascals in July. The daily maximum water pressure is 14.3 Pa and the daily minimum is 0 Pa.
- Daocheng annual average relative humidity over the years is 56%. The interannual variation is small. The relative humidity in January is 38% minimum, 78% maximum in August, 100% maximum and 0% minimum daily.
- The air pressure in Daocheng County is quite different due to the great difference in altitude. The data from the county meteorological station over the years show that the average annual air pressure is 646.2 hundred Pa. The lowest value in a year appears in January, with an average of 642.3 hundred pascals. The highest value was in October, with an average of 649.4 hpa. The daily maximum air pressure was 6.3 Pa (October 31, 1983) and the daily minimum air pressure was 632.7 Pa (January 18, 1984), with a difference of 26.6 Pa.
- The wind speed in Daocheng is relatively high in winter and spring, especially in spring and early summer, due to the southward movement of northwest wind jet and the downward transfer of energy caused by local heat convection.
Daocheng County Climate Graph
The driest month is January. There is 1 mm of precipitation in January. The greatest amount of precipitation occurs in July, with an average of 185 mm.
Daocheng County Average Temperature
With an average of 12.3 °C, July is the warmest month. The lowest average temperatures in the year occur in January, when it is around -4.7 °C.
Daocheng County Temperature by Month
The precipitation varies 184 mm between the driest month and the wettest month. The variation in temperatures throughout the year is 17.0 °C.
Daocheng County Climate by Month
Four Seasons of Daocheng
Spring(April to May)
The spring in Daocheng is later than that in plain, but when spring comes, Daocheng Yading is a sea of flowers, and all kinds of flowers create a beautiful plateau spring. At this time, the weather in Daocheng is still relatively cold, and there will be spring rain from time to time. When you come to Daocheng in spring, you should take cold-proof clothes according to the weather changes.
Summer(June to August)
The plateau scenery of Daocheng in summer is very charming, and the climate is also suitable for traveling. The grassland is covered with green grass, flowers bloom freely, and the cool climate is suitable for escaping from heat. However, the summer of Daocheng is also a rainy season. You must bring rain gear when traveling to Daocheng in summer.
Autumn(September to November)
Autumn of Daocheng is the most beautiful season of the year in the minds of tourists, because the weather is clear and the colors are colorful, which is very worthy of appreciation. Therefore, many people choose to travel to Daocheng in autumn and feel the autumn color on the plateau.
Winter(December to February)
Before December of each year, the temperature in Daocheng will not be too low, and it is mostly sunny. It feels very pleasant to have warm sunshine in winter. On sunny noon, the temperature can reach more than 20 degrees, but in the middle of the night or early morning, the temperature will drop to more than 10 degrees below zero. After December, when it gets snowy, sometimes it snows and blocks roads, so it is impossible to visit scenic spots.
Best Time to Visit Daocheng
September to October is the best time to travel in Daocheng. In the clear autumn season, red meadows and green poplar trees compete for beauty. Snow mountain is more holy against the blue sky and white clouds. However, during the National Day holiday, the number of tourists doubled, and tourists need to reservations one or two months in advance.
- April-May: Although the color of Daocheng in spring is not as gorgeous as that in autumn, there is more snow on holy mountains than in autumn, and azalea blooms in high mountains. As there are fewer tourists, the consumption of accommodation and meals will be lower.
- June-August: During the rainy season in Daocheng, it is often overcast and rainy, when it's hard to see snow-capped mountains under the cover of rain and fog, and mountain roads are in danger of landslides or mudslides. However, due to the summer vacation, there are many tourists.
- November-March of the following year: Winter is the off season in Daocheng. Although scenic spots will not be closed and flights will not stop, snow and ice will hinder traffic and some inns and restaurants will not be open. However, Daocheng in winter does have more magnificent snow scenery.
More about Best Time to Visit Daocheng.
Dressing Tips and What to Pack
What to Wear in Daocheng
No matter when you go to Daocheng, there is an unchanging principle in dressing: wear more layers and put on or take off clothes flexibly according to the weather.
This is because in plateau areas, the temperature difference between morning and evening is large, and it is common to wear single clothes during the day and down jackets at night. The weather changes rapidly. It is possible to clear the sky one second before and pour with rain the next. There are great regional differences. Yading scenic area is colder than other areas because of its higher altitude.
- April-October: June-August is the summer in Daocheng, but the average temperature is only 11-12℃, and the average temperature in spring and autumn is between 0-10℃. During the day, you can put a thin coat on the outside of the short sleeves. At night, you need to put on a fleece jacket and a outdoor jacket. If you are afraid of cold, you can also bring down jacket.
- From November to March of the following year: In winter, the average temperature in Daocheng is below 0℃ and can reach -27℃ at the coldest time. To visit Daocheng at this time, you need to put on your thickest clothes, including thermal underwear, sweaters, fleece jackets, outdoor jackets, down jackets, hats, earmuffs, gloves, snow boots.
What to Pack for Daocheng Travel
- Daily Supplies
Many hotels do not provide toiletries, it is best to bring toothpaste, toothbrush, towel, shampoo, shower gel, slippers, etc. Moisturizing lotion and lipstick can effectively relieve discomfort caused by dry climate. Carrying a thermos cup with you can not only replenish water, but also dispel cold. The weather changes rapidly in plateau areas, especially in summer and rainy days. It is very necessary to take an umbrella or raincoat with you.
The ultraviolet ray in plateau area is strong, so the sunscreen work cannot be careless. In addition to applying sunscreen for chemical sunscreen, physical sunscreen cannot be ignored. Hats, headscarves, sunglasses, sunscreen clothing, etc. can effectively prevent sunburn.
- Warm-keeping Equipment
Warm babies(warm paste) can play a big role in cold plateau areas. They can not only make you warm, but also improve battery life of cameras and mobile phones.
- Outdoor Equipment
If you have a hiking plan, you need to carry professional outdoor equipment to ensure safety. The important ones are: hiking shoes, hiking bags, hiking sticks, climbing watches, clothes suitable for climbing (with functions of windproof, heat preservation, perspiration, etc.), tents, sleeping bags, moisture-proof mats, cooking utensils, lamps, compasses, walkie-talkies, binoculars, GPS, etc.