2 Days Hangzhou Silk Culture Tour
Hangzhou is China’s most famous silk-producing area and the home of the China National Silk Museum. Hangzhou was historically referred to as the “silk capital,” and it was proclaimed that silk from Hangzhou “reigns supreme in the world.” Today, Hangzhou still remains an important global silk production and sales center.
- Visit the largest museum focusing on silk in the world – Hangzhou Silk Museum.
- Have a lake cruise on the West Lake.
- Visit Nanxun ancient town to learn more about silk.
- Day 1: West Lake – Hefeng Street
- Day 2: Nanxun Ancient Town
Day 1 West Lake – Hangzhou Silk Museum – China Silk Town – Hefang Street
Sightseeing and Activities: West Lake cruise, Hangzhou Silk Museum, China Silk Town, Hefang Street
In the morning, your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to have a lake cruise on the West Lake. After the lake cruise, we will head to Hangzhou Silk Museum. It is the largest museum focusing on silk in the world. Here you can learn the production process of silk, the history of Silk Road, culture of Chinese silk, and even some preserved silk relics.
Then we will have lunch in a local restaurant and visit China Silk Town. And we may have a free wandering at Hefang Street.
Day 2 Nanxun Ancient Town
Sightseeing and Activities: Nanxun ancient town
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Your tour guide will pick you up in the morning and then head to Nanxun ancient town. Located in Huzhou of Zhejiang, known as the ‘the land of fish and rice’ and ‘silk market’, it is a charming destination for its culture and natural scenery. Silk was the product which brought enormous fortune to merchants in the town. After the visit, we will back to Hangzhou in the afternoon and transfer you back to your hotel.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.