Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
Now it is listed as a cultural site under autonomous region protection.
English Name: Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
Type: Ili Scenic Area, Ili famous spots & Ili attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is Sudan Vais Khan Mazar So Special?
the Mazar is the tomb of Sudan Vais Khan, an 11th-generation descendant of Genghis Khan, covering an area of 66700 square meters.
Where is Sudan Vais Khan Mazar
Sudan Vais Khan Mazar Located in Mazar Village at the foot of the Aburele Mountain, 5 kilometers to the northeast of Yining City.
Main Attraction of Sudan Vais Khan Mazar
It is a mausoleum in Chinese architectural type, being shaded by ancient green trees. It has four stories. The ground floor, second floor and third floor are square in shape, with hanging eaves on the four corners. The fourth floor is a hexagonal tower, of which the top bears crescents, the two sides are opened round windows with carved lattices and the under-cave are supported by 20 posts. There is a mosque in large scale nearby. Now it is listed as a cultural site under autonomous region protection.
Best Time to Travel Sudan Vais Khan Mazar
Every autumn, that is, August and September, is the best time to visit Ili.
At this time, the weather began to cool and the fruits began to mature. This is a very suitable time to travel. At this time, most scenic spots began to hang attractive gold. Let’s travel in the golden ocean. The natural scenery around Ili is very beautiful. In our spare time , we take our family to Ili to play, eat delicious fruits and enjoy different local conditions and customs. I believe this is a very beautiful moment and a very happy memory.
How to Get There
- According to the actual situation, different places of departure have different modes of transportation, please consult the staff for more information.
Useful Travel Tips
- The morning light in summer in Xinjiang is earlier, it is about 6:30 in the morning in the plain area and it will light up at about 7:00 in the mountain area, but breakfast in Xinjiang hotels usually starts at 8:30, lunch time is 13: 00-14: 30, dinner time is about 19: 30-20: 30, and the sun will not set until 22:30 in the evening, so pay attention to adjust the time difference when traveling to Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang has a large number of halal meals, mainly beef and mutton. Cities also have Sichuan, Hunan, Guangdong and other local restaurants with national characteristics. In remote areas and scenic spots, halal meals are the main food. Pasta is the main staple food in Xinjiang, but rice is the main food for group meals. Sheep meat is the main meat in Xinjiang, and the smell of mutton is very small, which is acceptable to the general public.
- Site of Ancient Nilka Copper Mine
- Monument on the Gedeng Mountain
- Ancient Town of Mohe in Ili
- Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
- Jingyuan Temple in Qapqal, Ili
- The Bell Tower of Huiyuan City, Ili
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure