People living in Yanbian are hard-working, hospitable and versatile. All the ethnic groups in this place have created distinct and splendid culture together, showing their wisdom and talent to other people who come into their places.
Up to 2010, there have been more than 20 ethnic groups in Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, including Korean, Han, Manchu, Hui, and other ethnic groups. The Korean ethnic group has the population of 820 thousand, accounting for 37.7%, Han 59.29% and other ethnic groups including Manchu and Hui 3.01%.
There are 13 ethnic villages in Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture.
|Administrative Divisions||Ethnic Villages|
|Yilan Town (依兰镇)||Chunxing Village (春兴村)|
|Xiaoying Town (小营镇)||Helong Village (河龙村)|
|Shixian Town (石岘镇)||Shuinan Village (水南村)|
|Banshi Town (板石镇)||Mengling Village (孟岭村)|
|Mijiang Township (密江乡)||Mijiang Village (密江村)|
|Dongshengyong Town (东盛涌镇)||Renhua Village (仁化村)|
|Dongcheng Town (东城镇)||Guangdong Village (光东村)|
|Xicheng Town (西城镇)||Jindalai Village (金达莱村)|
|Wanbao Town (万宝镇)||Hongqi Village (红旗村)|
|Shimen Town (石门镇)||Chatiao Village (茶条村)|
|Erdaobaihe Town (二道白河镇)||Naitoushan Village (奶头山村)|
|Yueqing Town (月晴镇)||Bailong Village (白龙村)|
|Jingxin Town (敬信镇)||Fangchuan Village (防川村)|
Inheritors of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Yanbian
|Order Number||Name||Gender||Date of Birth||Project Name||Declaration Place||Classification|
|02-0382||Jin Mingchun (金明春)||Male||1958.12.23||Korean Farmer's Dance||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Traditional Dance|
|03-1385||Jin Jifeng (金季凤)||Male||1937.02.14||Craft of Korean Folk Musical Instrument||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Traditional Skill|
|04-1539||Jin Xingsan (金星三)||Male||1955.10.06||the Art of Gayageum (伽倻琴艺术)||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Traditional Music|
|04-1731||Jiang Xinzi (姜信子)||Female||1941.02.01||Pansori (盘索里)||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Folk Art|
|05-2543||Li Yong (李勇)||Male||/||Korean Wrestling||Yanji City of Yanbian||Traditional Sports, Entertainment, and Acrobatics|
|05-2817||Zhao Jide(赵基德)||Male||/||Craft of Korean Folk Musical Instrument||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Traditional Skill|
|05-3045||Yu yulan (俞玉兰)||Female||/||Hanbok (Korean Costume)||Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture||Folklore|
- Dances: Most of the Koreans are good at dance, and they created many dances to describe their life or to celebrate important activities. Korean Farmer's Dance(农乐舞), one of the oldest dance forms in Korea, is traditionally performed during planting, harvesting, and other agricultural events to give encouragement to the farmers and to provide them with a beat to work by. Sorcery Dance(巫舞) used to play an important role in the whole development of Korean dance. Changgo dance(长鼓舞) is another traditional Korean dance that is usually accompanied by hourglass-shaped drums. Fan Dance(扇舞) and Sword Dance are also performed in this area.
- Songs: People in Yanbian have created many ballads which enjoy great popularity, including Ballon Flower(桔梗谣), Arirang(阿里郎), By the Nodol River(诺多尔江边), and Red sun shines on the frontier(红太阳照边疆), etc. People use these songs to express their feelings to others.
- Costume: Hanbok, characterized by simple design, bright colors and no pockets, is a traditional Korean dress for semi-formal or formal attire during traditional occasions such as festivals, celebrations, and ceremonies. The hanbok was once used to determine different social status through the many types and components,and their characteristics from people with the highest social status,to those of the lowest social status. Although the modern Hanbok does not express a person's status or social position anymore.
- Etiquette: The Korean people pay great attention to the etiquette and admire the traditional virtues of respecting the old and loving the young. For example, when younger generation talk to the elders, they must use honorific words to show their respect to the elders.
- National Intangible Cultural Heritages:National Intangible Cultural Heritages in Yanbian include the Manchu Story-telling(满族说部), Korean Springboard, Pansori(盘索里), Gayageum(伽倻琴), and Korean Traditional Wedding, etc.
- Changchun Culture
- Jilin City Culture
- Yanji City Culture
- Hunchun City Culture
- Longjing City Culture
- Tumen City Culture
- Helong City Culture
- Dunhua City Culture
- Antu County Culture
- Wangqing County Culture
- National Intangible Cultural Heritages in Jilin Province
- Inheritors of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Jilin Province
Yanji City Museum in Yanbian
Yanji City Museum in Yanbian is one of the Best Tourist Attractions and Top Things to Do in Yanbian, it introduces the main attractions, entrance tickets booking, The best...
Yanbian Art Theatre
Yanbian Art Theatre is one of the Best Tourist Attractions and Top Things to Do in Yanbian, it introduces the main attractions, entrance tickets booking, The best time to...
Korean Folk Culture Experience Hall in Yanbian
Korean Folk Culture Experience Hall in Yanbian is one of the Best Tourist Attractions and Top Things to Do in Yanbian, it introduces the main attractions, entrance tickets booking,...