Characterized by spectacular landscapes, charming natural scenery and diverse ethnic customs, Hunan is an impressive region to visit. We introduce the main attractions in Hunan according to the popularity.
- Chenzhou: it was the cradle for Southern Hunan Uprising. Mao Zedong, Zhu De, Chen Yi and other old generation proletariat revolutionaries all had their glorious footprints left here. What's more, it is the paradise for visitors. There are many famous scenic spots featuring mountains and waters, such as Suxian Mountain Ridge, Dongjiang River, Feitian Mountain, Mang Mountain in Yizhang County.
- Hengyang: Mt. Hengshan is the southern mountain of China's Five Sacred Mountains and symbolizes the co-existence of Buddhism and Taoism. It is also known as 'Longevity Mountain' and is the core scenic spot in the region.
- Yongzhou: When come to Yongzhou, these attractions are must-see, such as Jiuyi Mountain, Shanggantang Village, and Forest of Steles in Wuxi.
- Changsha: Hunan Provincial Museum has five permanent exhibitions in its permanent collection, among which the Mawangdui Han Tomb exhibition is an important part of the museum's permanent collection. Mount Yuelu Scenic Area is a mountainous area characterized by jagged peaks and an old, but dense forest, and by a valley with rivers and lakes that abound in flora and fauna. It is a cultural-historical site, and also a site of revolutionary monuments. Yuelu Academy is the most ancient academy in China. It was established in A.D 960, Northern Song Dynasty. In AD 1015, the academy became famous for the highest-quality study base. Orange Isle in the Xiangjiang River formed in the 305 AD, covered by the flourished and aged trees. The name of isle was derived from a famous poem of Chairman Mao Zedong, also well-known for its product, the orange.
- Zhuzhou: Yandi Mausoleum is the burial place of Yan Emperor Shennong, the ancestor of the Chinese nation. Zhuzhou Radio and Television Town is must-see.
- Xiangtan: The Former Residence of Mao Zedong is one of the national AAAA scenic spots. Dongtai Mountain National Forest Park is the only national forest park in Xiangtan City.
- Yueyang: Yueyang Tower(岳阳楼), located on the city wall of the west gate of the ancient city in Yueyang city, Hunan province, China, Yueyang Tower faces Junshan Island and overlooks Dongting Lake, being exquisite and imposing.
- Changde: Taohuayuan Scenic Area, also known as Peach Blossom Land, is located in Taoyuan County, Changde City. Changde Poem Wall is a 3-kilometer-long anti-flood dyke alongside the Yuanjiang River, which is engraved with poems, calligraphy and painting.
- Yiyang: Taohua (Peach Blossom) River is dotted with many fine landscapes.
- Huaihua: Qianyang Ancient Town was established in 202 BC, 1,400 years earlier than Dayan Ancient Town of Yunnan and 900 years earlier than Fenghuang Ancient Town. The history of Hongjiang Ancient Commercial Town can be traced back to the Spring and Autumn period (770BC-476BC).
- Xiangxi: Furong Town is the door of Mengdong River waterway tour and the south gate of Mengdong River scenic spot. The Aizhai Bridge(矮寨大桥) is a suspension bridge on the G65 Baotou–Maoming Expressway near Jishou City, Hunan. If you are interested in the architecture culture of Tujia and Miao, Fenghuang Ancient Town is your best choice.
- Zhangjiajie: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park shall be on the list of Zhangjiajie Travel, and it has different beauties in four seasons. Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is a must-see place when you come to Zhangjiajie. When you come to Zhangjiajie, there are too many things to do, such as the famous Yangjiajie Scenic Area in Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie, the splendid Gallery of Sandstone Painting in Zhangjiajie. Zhangjiajie is also a place to experience the culture of the Tujia architecture, typical villages of Tujia ethnic group and Tujia Ethnic Folk Garden is a good place to visit.
- Shaoyang: Huangsang Nature Reserve is famous for the antique environment and flourishing vegetation. Mt. Langshan is a national geopark.
- Loudi: Ziquejie Terraces are mapped on the hills like green waves rolling among mountains.
It is difficult to list all attractions in Hunan one by one. If you want to know detailed information about attractions in Hunan, you can see the introduction of attractions in the following. Of course, you can contact us for more detailed information. Therefore, come here, we can always find the right attractions for you according to your requirements. In fact, when you choose to go to Hunan, what you meet will be a dreamy trip.