Garze Weather and Climate describes information with temperature, precipitation, Geography, What Clothes to Wear in Garze, weather and climate by month, climate graph, 15 days Garze weather forecast. Find out the best time to visit Garze and see the season highlights in Garze. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and Clothes packing for your Trip to Garze.
Garze Climate & Weather
The climate of the Garze prefecture in Sichuan is mainly Qinghai Tibet Plateau climate, which is vertical distribution with the altitude difference. It is characterized by low temperature, long winter, less precipitation and sufficient sunshine. The geographical latitude of Garze Prefecture belongs to the subtropical climate area, but due to the strong uplift, complex terrain and deep inland, most of the areas have lost the subtropical climate characteristics, forming the continental plateau mountain monsoon climate, which is complex and diverse, with significant regional differences. With the increase of latitude from south to north, the temperature gradually decreases. Within the six latitudes, the average annual temperature difference is over 17 ℃.
In high mountains and valleys, the height of the foothills and peaks is different. The temperature changes with the height. The temperature difference between the foothills and the peaks is 20-30 ℃. The annual average temperature of each county is 15.4-1.6 ℃.
Garze Climate Graph
The driest month is January, with 3 mm of rain. The greatest amount of precipitation occurs in June, with an average of 128 mm.
Garze Average Temperature
July is the warmest month of the year. The temperature in July averages 15.0 °C. The lowest average temperatures in the year occur in January, when it is around -3.4 °C.
Garze Temperature by Month
There is a difference of 125 mm of precipitation between the driest and wettest months. The variation in temperatures throughout the year is 18.4 °C.
Garze Climate by Month
Best Time to Visit Garze
Ganzi Prefecture is located in the high mountain and plateau area of Northwest Sichuan. It is long and cold in winter and rainy and foggy in summer. Therefore, spring and autumn are the best season to visit Garze.
- Spring (April to May) in Garze is full of flowers and pleasant scenery, which is suitable for people who are vigorous and love nature;
- Autumn is colorful and charming especially in Xinduqiao, Jiagenba, Daocheng and Yading, which is suitable for photography lovers. Moreover, it is easier to see Gongga mountain, the king of the mountains in Sichuan.
- If you like the beautiful scenery of snow capped plateau, you can travel between November and December, but you need to take more safety protection measures than usual.
- It is not recommended to travel between January and February, because many places in Garze Prefecture will be blocked by snow at this time, so it is very inconvenient to travel.
See more about Best Time to Visit Garze.
What to Pack for Garze Travel
- There is a big climate change in Garze Prefecture. No matter what season you go to Garze Prefecture, you should bring enough clothes such as cold jacket, down jacket, windbreaker, scarf, etc.
- The altitude is high and the ultraviolet is strong, so hat, sunscreen and sunglasses should be prepared for traveling to Ganzi Prefecture.
- Tibetan living conditions are limited, so bring your own toiletries, torches, wet wipes, etc.
- Prepare some basic medicine for altitude-sickness, cold, intestines and stomach, band aid, etc.