Travel to China and Discover the Rich and Diverse Chinese Culture
China is a multi-ethnic country with Chinese civilization as the source and Chinese culture as the foundation and the Han nationality as the main ethnic group. Chinese language and Chinese characters are commonly used. The Han nationality and the minorities are collectively referred to as the “Chinese Nation”. The Chinese also call ourselves the descendants of the Yan and Huang Emperors and the descendants of the dragon.
The People’s Republic of China, commonly known as China, is a socialist country in east Asia with its capital in Beijing. China has a total land area of 9.6 million square kilometers, ranking the third in the world by land area. It is divided into 23 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 municipalities directly under the central government and 2 special administrative regions. China is the most populous country in the world with about 1.4 billion people. It is also a multi-ethnic country with 56 ethnic groups identified, among which the Han population accounts for about 91.51%. Mandarin and standardized Chinese characters are the national common language, and ethnic minoritities can use their own languages.
China is one of the world’s four great ancient civilizations with a long and glorious history. About 5,000 years ago, settlement organizations began to appear around the central plains to form a country. Experiencing many times of ethnic integration and changes of dynasties, China finally formed a unified situation of multi-ethnic countries. Chinese culture is rich and diverse, it is also the culture mentor country of east Asia culture circle, holding important position inside world culture system. Because of the difference of geographical position and natural condition of each region, cultural and economic respect also has their characteristics. Traditional culture and art forms include poetry, opera, calligraphy and Chinese painting, while the Spring Festival, Lantern Festival, Qingming Festival, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival and Double Ninth Festival are important traditional Chinese festivals. Besides, China possesses many world-famous scenic spots including the Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors and Horses of Qin Shihuang Mausoleum, etc. And Chinese cuisine is one of the three major cuisines in the world.
About Our China Dragon Tour
China Dragon Tours, an online China tour operator and specialized in private China tours, which is a famous brand of Trans Asia Discovery, offering high-quality and economical China tour services to the tourists worldwide. To help you discover the beauty and diversity of our country, we have worked out a variety of tour packages for your choice, which cover the most popular Chinese highlights and adventures.
We are dedicated to serving your own ideal itineraries tailored to your specific preference and budgets, so your China trips are fun and flexible with freedom to choose activities and experiences. We are more than happy to help you make your own unique China Tours an unforgettable lifetime experience.
Travel in China
When you are planning your travel in China, you will have a lot of Choices since there are many tourist cities and attractions in China. China is a popular destination for tourists with tens of hundreds of must-visit attractions. With 48 UNESCO world heritage sites, China appeals to the travelers exploring the unique geographical wonders and man-made marvels. The popular tourist destinations include Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Chengdu, Guilin, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Kunming, Lijiang, Dali, Sangri-la, Lhasa, Chongqing, Zhangjiajie, Nanjing, Yangshuo County, Jiuzhaigou Valley, Xiamen, Hong Kong, Macau, Qingdao, Sanya, Tianjin, Pingyao and the like.
Most Popular Travel Destinations in China
Best Selling China Tours
Our China tour itineraries offer you the most attractive places with fascinating scenery and glamorous cultural experience according to our rich local knowledge and experience. During the tours, you can not only visit the classic sights in China, such as the Great Wall near capital city Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in ancient capital Xi’an, the skyscrapers of Shanghai, the hometown of panda Chengdu, the south of colorful clouds Yunnan, etc, but also join a themed trip like Hight Speed Train Tours, Photography Tours, Minority Tours, Hiking and Trekking Tours, etc.
The best recommended classic China tour of golden triangle, including Beijing, Xian and Shanghai, which will show you their time-honored past and the modern present. Besides, Chengdu, Guilin, guangzhou and other popular destinaions can be also added in the tour.
- 6 Days Beijing-Shanghai Small Group Tour
- 8 Days Beijing-Xian-Shanghai Small Group Tour
- 9 Days Beijing-Xian-Shanghai-Suzhou-Shanghai Small Group Tour
- 22 Days Beijing-Shanghai-Xian-Chengdu-Shangrila-Lijiang-Dali-Kunming-Guilin-Hong Kong Tour
When it comes to Chinese cities, will you first think of certain city area such as Beijing, Xian and Shanghai? Of course, this golden triangle is the most essential part of China city tour. And there are also a lot of other cities in China you can choose, like Chengdu, Kunming, Lijiang, Guilin, Lhasa, etc. No matter what kind of city you prefer, China Dragon Tour will provide you best price with guaranteed service to realize your dreamlike city tours in China.
- 4 Days Best Beijing City Tour
- 5 Beijing City Tour
- 3 Days Shanghai Highlights Tour
- 4 Days Shanghai City Tour
- 2 Days Xian Highlights Tour
- 3 Days Best Xian City Tour
Bird-watching has became one of the most popular outdoor sports in the world, and is most favored by conservationists. Our birding tours can bring you to explore the Napahai Lake in Shangri-la, Qinghai Lake in Xining, Caohai Lake in Guizhou Province, Gaoligong Mountain in Yunnan, etc.
- 4 Days Guizhou Birding Tour with Caohai Lake and Huaxi Wetland
- 5 Days Qinghai Lake Bird Watching Tour
- 9 Days Yunnan-Guizhou Winter Birding Tour
- 14 Days West Yunnan Birding Tour with Gaoli Gongshan Mountain
Chinese festivals are diverse and rich in content, which is an integral part of China’s history and culture. There are traditional Chinese festivals, minority festivals and folk festivals, including Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, The Nadama Fair of the Mongolians, The Water Splashing Festival of Dai, Torch Festival of Yi, etc.
- 3 Days Harbin Winter Tour Experience: Harbin Ice Festival, Snow Sculpture Art, Ice and Snow World
- 4 Days Long Street Banquet Festival and Yuanyang Rice Terraces Photography Tour
- 4 Days Inner Mongolia Naadam Festival Tour with Hohhot Sightseeing
- 5 Days Guizhou Miao Sisters’ Meal Festival Tour
Chinese food is one of the most important parts of Chinese culture. It is one of the three great cuisines in the world favored by many foreign tourists. During China Food Culture tours, you can visit several places like Beijing, Xian, Chengdu and Shanghai, to taste the great regional cuisine.
- Xian Evening Tour with Dumpling Dinner, Xian Tang Dynasty Show and City Night View
- 2 Days Beijing Highlights Tour with Beijing Roast Duck and Kong Fu Show
The Great Wall was added to the world heritage list in December 1987. The Great Wall of China is the greatest construction project in the history of human civilization. It was built more than 2,000 years ago during the Spring and Autumn Period and Warring States Period. There is a saying “One who fails to reach the Great Wall is not a hero”. When you are in Beijing, going sightseeing on the Great Wall or staring a Great Wall Hiking Tour is a good choice.
- 1 Day Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Hiking Group Tour
- 2 Days Beijing Great Wall Hiking Tour: From Huanghuacheng to Xishuiyu and Simatai
- 4 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: Huanghuacheng, Xishuiyu, Jiankou, Mutianyu, Gubeikou, and Jinshanling Great Wall
- 5 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: Huanghuacheng, Xishuiyu, Jiankou, Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling, and Simatai Great Wall
- 7 Days Beijing Great Wall Hiking Tour
- 8 Days Beijing Great Wall Hiking Tour
China has one of the biggest and busiest rail networks in the world. In recent years, the high-speed trains are much more convenient and faster to get to the hot tourist destinations like Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Chengdu, Kunming and more. Therefore, travelling around in China by high speed train is covenient.
- 3 Days Mount Taishan and Qufu Confucian Culture Tour from Beijing by Bullet train
- 4 Days Beijing to Harbin Winter Tour by Bullet Train
- 5 Days Guangzhou and Guilin Tour
- 6 Days Beijing and Xian Tour by Speed Train
- 6 Days Shanghai-Suzhou-Hangzhou Tour by Speed Train
On this vast land, there are 55 ethnic minority groups who are feturing colorful costumes, different flavors of food, unique etiquette, and a variety of festivals. You will have chance to experience different minority cultures in Yunnan, Guizhou, Guangxi, Xinjiang and Tibet, which also boast amazing natural scenery at the same time.
- 1 Day Longsheng Rice Terraces and Ethnic Minority Culture Tour
- 3 Days Shangrila Tibetan Culture Tour
- 6 Days Guizhou Karst Landscape & Minority Culture Group Tour
- 7 Days Inner Mongolia Grassland Minority Culture Tour