5 Days Lhasa Group Tour with Samye Monastery
Lhasa is one of the highest cities in the world, which has been the religious and administrative capital of Tibet since the mid-17th century. Therefore it contains many culturally significant Tibetan Buddhist sites. During this tour, we will feel the strong Buddhism atmosphere and visit Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, Barkhor Street, Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery and Samye Monastery.
- Get close to the roof of the world – Tibet.
- Feel the strong Buddhism atmosphere in Tibet.
- Visit the must-see attractions: Potala Palace, Temple and Monasteries, etc.
- Day 1: Lhasa Arrival
- Day 2: Lhasa
- Day 3: Lhasa
- Day 4: Lhasa – Samye Monastery – Lhasa
- Day 5: Lhasa Departure
Day 1 Lhasa Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
Welcome to the roof of the world – Lhasa! Upon arrival, met by tour guide and transferred to you hotel. Have a good rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet.
Day 2 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, Barkhor Street
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast at hotel, the Lhasa tour begins with the must-see attraction – Potala Palace, the largest monastery of its type in the world and official home to Dalai Lama.
In the afternoon, move on to Jokhang Monastery and walk along the Barkhor Street nearby. Enjoy the local Tibetan culture here. If time allows, visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center(Optional).
Besides, taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house and then enjoy the welcome dinner. In the evening, enjoy Tibetan Culture Show(optional).
Day 3 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery
After breakfast at hotel, drive to visit Drepung Monastery – one of the three great monasteries in Tibet. Visit the biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the afternoon, move on to another one of the “great three” Gelug university monasteries of Tibet – Sera Monastery. Visit Monks debate, Tibetan religious scripture printing house, three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Day 4 Lhasa – Samye Monastery – Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Samye Monastery
Today we will drive about 290km to visit Samye Monastery – the first gompa Buddhist monastery built in the 8th century in Tibet. It is famous for its sacred mandala design. Along the way to Samye Monastery, there are Yarlung Tsang, the Sand dunes, the high mountain meadow, and the wide rivers…
Have a free trek along Yalong river and take some photoes. After the tour, we will drive back to Lhasa.
Day 5 Lhasa Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:
Today your wonderful Tibet tour will complete. Be escorted to the airport for your flight and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: hotels based on twin occupancy as specified(Except day tours);
- Sharing English-speaking tour guide;
- Sharing vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.