2 Days Beijing Great Walls Hiking Tour: From Jiankou to Mutianyu and Huanghuacheng Great Wall
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour from Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Walls and Huanghuacheng to Xishuiyu Great Walls. We will hike on the...
Code of Tour: YCT-BJ022
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Beijing
Departure City: Beijing
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Hiking Climbing
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour from Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Walls and Huanghuacheng to Xishuiyu Great Walls. We will hike on the steepest great wall in Beijing, visit the longest wall in China, and view the beautiful dam of the Huanghuacheng Reservoir.
- Exciting hiking tour on the Great Wall
- Climbing the steepest great wall in Beijing, Jiankou Great Wall
- Visit the longest wall in China, Mutianyu Great Wall
- View the beautiful dam of the Huanghuacheng Reservoir
- Climb to the highest tower on the Jiankou Great Wall, Zhengbeilou Tower
- Day 1: Jiankou Great Wall – Mutianyu Great Wall
- Day 2: Huanghuacheng Great Wall- Xishuiyu Great Wall
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jiankou Great Wall; Mutianyu Great Wall; Zhengbeilou Tower
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2.5 hours to the Jiankou Great Wall.
We start the hike from Xizhaizi village, we will experience the best unrestored wild Great Wall. Firstly, we will visit Zhengbeilou Tower (the highest tower on Jiankou Great Wall) which takes about 1 hour by walking through the mountain path. Later, you will take a ladder up to Zhengbeilou Tower, which features some amazing ruins and scenes of rustic beauty. Midway through the hike to Mutianyu Great Wall, we will cross the mountain. And pass about 17 towers (about 8 towers on Jiankou section and about 9 towers on Mutianyu section) with about 3 hours for the whole hiking on the Great Wall. So we could enjoy the beauty of both section of the wall – natural and well-preserved wall. Finally, you have 3 choices to come down: 1.Cable car 2.Walk way 3.Tabbogan.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4 hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Huanghuacheng Great Wall; Xishuiyu Great Wall
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. Then back to the inn have breakfast. After breakfast, we start the tour.
After we see the beautiful dam of the Huanghuacheng Reservoir at the foot of the wall, take some good photos first, and then we start the hike from Tenglong Restaurant & Lodge which is built on the mountain and climb about 20 minutes you will reach the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. At first we will hike the wall which is restored by local government and you will hike along the restored wall with about 1 hour, then we will pass by Zhuangdaokou Pass which is the border between restored Great Wall and unrestored wild Great Wall. After Zhuangdaokou Pass, we will take about 2.5 hours hike along the wild wall and finish the hike at Xishuiyu which is close to the lake. That’s why this section is also called Lakeside Great Wall. we will pass about 20 towers for the whole hiking.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking takes about 4hours and 9 km (5.6 mils).
After lunch, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- One night stay at local inn.
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.