Li River in Guilin
The Lijiang River is a unique and unique natural landscape nurtured by the river basin, and it is also the best in the world. Guilin's landscape is "the river is the green belt and the mountain is like jade hairpin". Its beautiful scenery, picturesque scenery and grotesque caves and rocks are famous scenic spots both at home and abroad.
Chinese Name: 桂林漓江
English Name: Li River in Guilin
Type: Guilin Scenic Area, Guilin famous spots & Guilin attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Location: Reed flute cave is located in the northwest suburb of Guilin, 5 kilometers away from the city center.
Why is Li River So Special?
The Lijiang River tour from Guilin to Yangshuo is the center of the tour to the east and north of Guangxi. The beautiful karst peaks will surprise you at every corner of the clear river under the blue sky. Buffaloes patrol the fields, farmers harvest rice fields, and primary school students and fishermen drift by bamboo rafts. The scenery along the river is amazing, and the taste of life is far away from the concrete metropolis. It has become one of the largest tourist destinations in China.
Where is Li River
Lijiang River, belonging to the Xijiang River system in the Pearl River Basin, is a generic term for the upper reaches of the tributary Gui Jiang and is located in the northeast of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
Where does the Li River cruise begin?
The trip started from the wharf south of jiefang bridge in Guilin city. Otherwise, some travel societies will transport tourists to Zhujiang Wharf (Pearl River Wharf) or Mopanshan Wharf (Mopanshan Wharf) by one-hour bus, starting from the main part of the tour. English tour guides are only available on cruise ships leaving the Pearl River terminal, so for convenience, foreigners are advised to leave the terminal.
Main Attraction of Li River
Elephant Trunk Hill
This mountain is solemnly located on the west bank of Lijiang River, like an elephant drinking water from the river with its long nose. It should be a landmark of Guilin scenery. You can find it in the travel brochure or books. The most impressive thing is said to be the reflection of the moon-like cave when the moon shines on the river, hence the name “water moon”.
A few minutes down from Xiangshan, it is an idyllic park on the east bank of the river. The park is famous for its beautiful natural scenery, including Douji Mountain (composed of Chuanshan and Pheasant Mountain), Baota shan, Moon Cave and Chuanshan Cave.
Daxu Ancient Town
This ancient city is located on the north bank of Lijiang River and has maintained its ancient style since the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). A sagging street flanked by old houses, shops and stalls extends two kilometers along the river bank through the town. When you occasionally go into shops, some well-preserved houses hidden behind the street doors may surprise you. These are the residences of businessmen in the past. Try dumping snacks or selling cars at roadside stalls. Some will surprise you with its taste and cheap price. The people in the town are very friendly to tourists. Further south, there is a single arch bridge in the town called Changsheng Bridge. This town is really a special place. Opposite the town on the other side of the river, a millstone-like stone and running water formed the scene of grinding the valley.
Best Time to Travel Li River
The best travel time is April to October.
Guilin has a relatively low latitude. Belongs to the subtropical humid monsoon climate. Generally speaking, Guilin has a mild climate with distinct seasons and excellent climatic conditions. The annual average temperature is 19.3℃, which is said to be “less snow in three winters and flowers in four seasons”. When traveling to Guilin, the best season is from April to October each year, during which there will be two golden weeks of “may day” and “November”, which is also the peak period of tourism. Guilin with suitable climate will have many tourists, room reservation and transportation will also enter a climax, and the price will rise compared with usual. therefore, it is better to avoid this time and choose an off-season to travel and appreciate the beauty of the world.
How To Get There
As travel agencies are basically buying tickets for the big Lijiang River, few tourists go to the Lijiang River Shipping Company to buy tickets themselves, and the shipping company does not have any outlets specifically for individual ticket sales, Guilin has not yet opened public transportation from the urban area to the dock to facilitate individual passengers.
(1) If tourists buy tickets to Lijiang River by themselves through other channels, they need to go to the dock by themselves. The only way is to take a taxi. Mopanshan dock and Zhujiang dock are 20km away from the city and the fare is about 100 yuan.
(2) If tourists buy ship tickets through travel agencies and hotel agents, the travel agencies will charge 35 yuan/person fares and tour guide service fees, so tourists can wait in the hotel, and there are tour buses and tour guides to pick you up directly from the hotel to the dock, saving the trouble of traveling.
1. Yangshuo Departure: (1) At Yangshuo North Passenger Station, there is a bus from Yangshuo to Di Yang Wharf (the license plate indicates “Di Yang” is a slow bus, which can be loaded and unloaded at any time). It starts at about 6:40 every day, takes 20 minutes/shift, takes about 1 hour by car, and costs 9.5 yuan/person. (2) A large number of people can choose to travel from Yangshuo County Chengbao van to Di Yang Dock, about 160-180 yuan, usually 6-7 people;
2. Guilin Departure: (1) Take the “Guilin-Yangshuo Shuttle” at Guilin Railway Station Square (slow train, every 10 minutes/shift) and get off at the junction of Di Yang (less than Di Yang Dock) for about 1-1.5 hours. The fare is about 15 yuan. Then change to a minibus from Yangshuo to Di Yang Dock at the junction. The fare is about 3 yuan/person, about 15 minutes. (2) At Guilin bus station (about 15 minutes’ walk from the railway station square), you can take the local bus (non-direct bus) from Yangshuo, Lipu, Pingle and Gongcheng to the junction of Di Yang. After that, the method is the same as (1)
from Xingping to Yangshuo by bus, 7 yuan/person
Useful Travel Tips
- Guilin Merryland Theme Park
- Green Lotus Hotel in Yangshuo, Guilin
- Baimian Yao Village in Longsheng County, Guilin
- Impression of Liu Sanjie in Guilin
- Sun and Moon Twin Pagodas in Guilin
- Gudong Waterfall Scenic Area, Guilin
Recommended Guilin Tour Packages
- 1 Day Longsheng Rice Terraces and Ethnic Minority Culture Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Group Tour
- 1-Day Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Highlights Tour
- Half-Day Guilin Tour with Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill