Zhangjiakou Travel Tips
Zhangjiakou Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Zhangjiakou, view our answers to questions about Zhangjiakou travel to get better understanding of Zhangjiakou. Zhangjiakou is known as "the back garden of Beijing". It has a long history with a large amount of tourism resources. See our Zhangjiakou travel tips for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics tours.
- China International country code number: 0086
- Ambulance: 120; Fire: 119; Police: 110
- Telephone Information Enquiry: 114
- Weather Report: 121; Post Code: 624000; Time Check: 117
- Consumer Complaint Center: 12315
- Zhangjiakou Code Number: 0313
- Zhangjiakou Tourism Bureau: 0837-7732483
- Yuxian County Tourism Bureau: 0313-7011055
- Zhangbei County Tourism Bureau: 0313-5216139
- Chongli Tourism Bureau: 0313-4612345
- Huailai County Tourism Bureau: 0313-6860632
- Guyuan County Tourism Bureau: 0313-5823253
- Consumer Complaint Telephone Number: 0313-4039959
- Quality and Technical Supervision Bureau: 12365
- Public Transport Counter-theft Telephone Number: 0313-8683777
Banks in Zhangjiakou
- People's Bank of China (Zhangjiakou Central Sub-branch)中国人民银行(张家口市中心支行)
Add: No. 99, Wuyi Road五一路99号
- Bank of China (Zhangjiakou Chaoyang Sub-branch)中国银行(张家口市朝阳支行)
Add: Intersection of Chaoyang West Street and Fuqiang Road, Jingkai District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市经开区朝阳西大街与富强路交叉口
- Bank of China (Zhangjiakou Branch)中国银行(张家口分行)
Add: No. 23, Changqing Road, Qiaoxi district桥西区长青路23号
- China Construction Bank (Fuqiang Road Sub-branch)中国建设银行(福强路支行)
Add: Commerce at the bottom of Ruilinxuan Community, Qiaodong District, Zhangjiakou City 张家口市桥东区瑞麟轩小区底商
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Zhangjiakou Hi-tech Sub-branch)中国工商银行(张家口高新支行)
Add: No. 2, Fuqiang Road, Qiaodong District, Zhangjiakou张家口市桥东区富强路2号
- Agricultural Bank of China (Shengli Road Branch)中国农业银行(胜利路分理处)
Add: No.114, Shengli North Road, Qiaodong District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥东区胜利北路114号
- Bank of China (Zhangjiakou Jinding Sub-branch)中国银行(张家口市金鼎支行)
Add: No. 36, Mingde South Road, qiaoxi district, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥西区明德南路36号
Post Offices in Zhangjiakou
- China Post (Yuxian Post Office)中国邮政(蔚县邮政局)
Add: No. 82, Jianshe South Street建设南大街82号
- Hebei Wanquan District Post Office河北省万全区邮政局
Add: No.26, Xinhua East Street, Wanquan District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市万全区新华东街26号
- China Post (Xicheng Branch)中国邮政(西城支局)
Add: 50m southwest of the intersection of Xuanfu Street and Jiefang Road宣府大街与解放路交叉口西南50米
- China Post
Add: No.70, Yongchun South Street, Zhangbei County, Zhangjiakou City张家口市张北县永春南大街70号
- Chicheng County Post Office赤城县邮政局
Add: 60 meters southeast of No.5 Gulou East Street, Chicheng County赤城县鼓楼东街5号东南60米
- China Post (Qiaoxi Post Branch)中国邮政(桥西邮政支局)
Add: No.1, West Riverside, Qiaoxi district桥西区西河沿1号
- China Post (Mingde South Post Branch)中国邮政(明德南邮政支局)
Add: No.42, Changqing Road, Qiaoxi district, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥西区长青路42号
- Tel: (0313)8019040
Hospitals in Zhangjiakou
- Zhangjiakou No. 1 Hospital张家口市第一医院
Add: No.6, Zhousi Lane, Xinhua Qianjie, Qiaoxi district, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥西区新华前街礼拜寺巷6号
- The First Affiliated Hospital of Hebei North University河北北方学院附属第一医院
Add: No.12, Changqing Road, Qiaoxi district, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥西区长青路12号
- The 81st Hospital of PLA陆军第81集团军医院
Add: No.13 Jianguo Road, Qiaodong District, Zhangjiakou City
- The Second Affiliated Hospital of Hebei North University河北北方学院附属第二医院
Add: No.92 Zhong Qingyuan Road, Xuanhua District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市宣化区钟清远路92号
Tel: (0313)3042256, (0313)3042224
- Huailai County Hospital怀来县医院
Add: Intersection of Fuqian East Street and Yanjing Road, Huailai County, Zhangjiakou City张家口市怀来县府前东街与燕京路交汇处
- Zhuolu County Hospital涿鹿县医院
Add: Opposite Zhuolu Sun City, Jianshe Street, Zhuolu County, Zhangjiakou City张家口市涿鹿县建设大街涿鹿太阳城对面
- Zhangjiakou Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital张家口市中医院
Add: No. 56, Donghe Street, Qiaodong District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市桥东区东河沿街56号
- Chongli District Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine崇礼区中医院
Add: No. 22, Yuxing Road, Chongli District, Zhangjiakou City张家口市崇礼区裕兴路22号
Language of Zhangjiakou
Zhangjiakou dialect belongs to Jin dialect. A large number of immigrants have brought local languages such as Shanxi, Hebei, Beijing, Inner Mongolia and Shandong to Zhangjiakou. They are mixed with the local languages of Zhangjiakou and form a unique dialect system.
The Best Time to Visit Zhangjiakou
Zhangjiakou is the host city of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games and also a tourist city. So when is the best time to visit? There are three seasons:
- At this time of July and August, the season with the largest number of tourists, flowers bloom and grass grow green, stretching as far as the eye can see, with many tourists and crowded vehicles. This is the peak tourist season. It's a good place to enjoy the cool with the temperature of about 20 degrees.
- Autumn from September to November is the most comfortable season. Some trees turn gold and red, while others remain green, creating a dreamy natural scene.
- In winter, Zhangjiakou is covered with snow, which is a scenery of northern China. It has several feet of snow on the mountain and is a natural resort for skiing tourism. Chongli and Chicheng have the largest natural ski resorts in North China. So it's a good place to enjoy the winter sports.
More about Best Time to Visit Zhangjiakou.
How Many Days to Spend in Zhangjiakou
Suggested Visiting Time: 3 days
Most tourists from Beijing to Zhangjiakou will choose to drive on the grassland road, which takes one day, another day if they want to visit the charm of Luanhe river and flash lake, or the ancient city's historic sites in Xuanhua and Zhulu. One day on the ski tour in Zhangjiakou is also worthing.
What to Wear in Zhangjiakou
It is recommended to wear warm clothing such as suits and thin sweaters. In addition, you'd better put on protective clothing, such as masks, hats and glasses, to protect your skin and eyes, as well as bring some body lotion, such as baby oil and vaseline to prevent skin cracking.
It is recommended to wear cool and breathable clothes, such as cotton and linen shirts, thin skirts, t-shirts, as well as rain gear.
Autumn(September - November)
It's suitable to wear short suits, thin denim shirts and trousers and casual clothes.
Winter(December to February)
It is recommended to wear thick warm clothes such as cotton-padded clothes, winter coats, tweed coats and down jackets. Wearing scarves, gloves and wool masks is also important.
What to Pack for Zhangjiakou Travel
- Rain Gear
The wind and rain on the grassland will come suddenly. It is suggested that you take your umbrella and raincoat with you and prepare a pair of shoes for rainy days.
- Mosquito Spray
There are many mosquitoes on the grassland, so it is recommended to bring antipruritic, insect-resistant spray and other articles.
If you go to Shijiazhuang in summer, sunscreen is also essential. If you want to go to places with high altitude and strong sunshine, such as air grassland, it is also recommended to do a good job in sunscreen.
- Standing Drugs
When traveling, you should take some regular medicines, such as cold medicine, painkillers, carsickness medicine, essential balm, band-aid and so on. Tourists with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc. please prepare drugs according to your own conditions.
- Food and Drink
If you plan to drive on the Grass Skyline Scenic Road, it is recommended to bring sufficient food and drink supplies, because there are basically no shops and service areas along the road.
- Accommodation Expenses
Chain hotels are around 150-250, upscale hotels are around 300-500, and luxury hotels are above 500 yuan.
- Food Expenses
Eat a sumptuous meal along the sky road with a per capita of 50-70. If the number of people is sufficient, roast whole sheep can be considered.
- Admission Fee
Most scenic spots in Zhangjiakou charge admission tickets, but the price difference is quite large, spanning between 15 yuan, 60 yuan and 120 yuan. Flying Fox Valley and other places also charge additional fees for vehicles entering. In addition, some natural scenic spots will have discount in off-season fares.
- Transportation Cost
Prairie Tianlu and other places, are generally self-driving, you can also consider charter, the daily price is around 400-500.
- Overall Cost
Apart from round-trip air tickets, train tickets, etc., a two-day visit to Zhangjiakou costs about 2,000 yuan.
Mongolian people worship fire and water, so they cannot bake feet or wet shoes on the stove or cross the stove. Do not wash your hands, bathe or wash clothes in the river, and throw unclean things into the water.
When visiting a herdsman's house and entering or leaving a yurt, one must never step on the threshold, do not hold one's sleeve, tuck one's skirt into one's belt, carry a horse whip, or touch a child's head.
More Zhangjiakou Travel Tips
- Zhangjiakou city has a continental climate with four distinct seasons, rain and heat in the same season, large temperature difference between day and night. In the morning and evening, special attention should be paid to keeping warm. You can bring some coats to prevent colds caused by sudden changes of the weather.
- Zhangjiakou tourism has better accommodation conditions and complete facilities, but during the golden weeks of tourism, the occupancy rate is relatively high everywhere. During this period, tourists should book rooms before leaving for Zhangjiakou
- The language in Zhangjiakou is mainly Mandarin, but the local people also speak Zhangjiakou dialect.
- Due to the complex terrain in Zhangjiakou ice and snow tourism area, tourists should pay special attention to safety. The general tourists and the old and the weak are better to visit and tour in low mountain areas, and they should pay attention to preventing cold, avalanches, mudslides and ice cracks when boarding the middle and high mountain areas.
- If you want to take part in the activity in the evening, you must contact the local guide and remember not to go with strangers you don't know.
- Don't listen to the introduction of roadside tour guides and buses and taxis, stay in cheap unlicensed black hotels, where safety is not guaranteed.
- Zhangjiakou has three treasures, yam, naked oats and big fur coat. In fact, there are many other specialties. It is recommended that dried mushrooms, dried apricots, flat apricots, etc. which have Zhangjiakou features and are indeed better than those in other places and are easy to carry.
- Zhangjiakou's specialties: Tricholomagambosum, bracken, Gong Mi, Prunus armeniaca, milk grape, longan grape, Great Wall dry red white wine, Chagoubao bacon, Huai 'an bean curd skin, Yuxian paper cut, Ying Ge mung bean, etc.