In the long history of Chinese civilization, Hainan island has a long history and unique culture. From ancient times to modern times, it is an important branch of Chinese civilization and part of the essence of Chinese history and culture. As the political, economic, cultural and transportation center of Hainan province, Haikou city has been the important land and sea transportation hub in the southern border of China since ancient times and an important commercial port. The migration of population, the integration of ethnic groups and the integration of languages make it a unique multi-culture.
Haikou is a multi-ethnic city. Among the permanent residents in Haikou, there are more than 30 ethnic groups, including Han, Li, Miao, Hui, Manchu, Yao, Mongol, Korean, Tujia, Buyi, Dong, Zhuang and She. The Han population accounts for 97.66% and other ethnic groups account for 2.34%.
China Traditional Villages in Haikou
- Maide Village in Guilinyang Farm of Haikou City海口市桂林洋农场迈德村
- Wenshan Village in Xinpo Town of Longhua District, Haikou City海口市龙华区新坡镇文山村
- Dongtan Village in Zuntan Town of Longhua District, Haikou City海口市龙华区遵谭镇东谭村
- Meizhuan Village in Dazhipo Town of Meilan District, Haikou City海口市美兰区大致坡镇美篆村
- Daojun Village in Lingshan Town of Meilan District, Haikou City海口市美兰区灵山镇道郡村
- Luowu Village in Sanjiang Town of Meilan District, Haikou City海口市美兰区三江镇罗梧村
Inheritors of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Haikou
|Date of Birth
|Hainan Province Qiong Theater
|Haikou in Hainan Province
|Hainan Province Qiong Theater
Local Custom and Habit
- Language: The languages used in Hainan include Hainan dialect, mandarin, Bai dialect, Jun dialect, Hakka dialect, Hokkien dialect, Sichuan, Henan, Hunan and other local languages and languages of various ethnic minorities. The Chinese dialect used by local residents in Haikou city is Hainan dialect, which originated from ancient Southern Fujian Dialect. It is a kind of dialect brought by immigrants from south area of ancient Fujian during their migration to Hainan island.
- Featured Festival and Celebration: The featured festivals and celebrations in Haikou include Gongqi(公期), Flowers Exchange Festival(换花节) and Merry Making Festival of Hainan Island(海南岛欢乐节).
- Cultural Heritage: Haikou intangible cultural heritage protection work after years of efforts, has achieved very significant results. Haikou has already owned 7 national intangible cultural heritages(Qiong Opera, Hainan eight-tone instrumental music, Hainan coconut carving, etc), 10 provincial intangible cultural heritages(Hainan tiger dance, Hainan Qilin dance, etc), two municipal intangible cultural heritages(Hainan lion dance, Haikou dance), a total of 19 projects.
- Hainan Culture
- Haikou Culture
- Sansha Culture
- Danzhou Culture
- National Intangible Cultural Heritages in Hainan Province
- Inheritors of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Hainan Province
- Inheritors of Intangible Cultural Heritage By Provinces and Cities
- China Traditional Villages in Haikou City, Hainan
Hainan Library Association in Haikou
Hainan Library Association in Haikou is one of the Best Tourist Attractions and Top Things to Do in Haikou, it introduces the main attractions, entrance tickets booking, The best...