Chishui River in Zunyi of Guihzou
Chishui City is located in the northwestern part of Guizhou Province, in the middle and lower reaches of the Chishui River. It is named after the beautiful river, which runs through the whole territory. Chishui is China's Danxia World Natural Heritage Site.
English Name: Chishui River
Chinese name: 赤水河
Best Seasons: Spring and Summer
Recommended Visiting Time: 2 or 3 hours
Address: Chishui City in northern Guizhou Province
Chishui City is located in the northwestern part of Guizhou Province, in the middle and lower reaches of the Chishui River. It is named after the beautiful river, which runs through the whole territory. Chishui is China’s Danxia World Natural Heritage Site. The main scenic spot in the area is the Chishui Waterfall. The waterfall cascades over a fiery red Danxia cliff and is very spectacular. Furthermore, there are scenic spots such as the Zhuhai National Forest Park, the Foguang Boulder Scenic Area and Historic Bi’An Town.
Popular Attractions in Chishui
- Great Waterfall
- Four Caves Valley Scenic Area
- Red Stone Valle
Popular Hotels in Chishui
- Shengdi Changjiang Bandao Hotel
The Shengdi Changjiang Bandao Hotel is one of the newest hotels in Chishui, having opened in 2016. Free in-room Wi-Fi is available at this property.
After a long day of sightseeing, guests can retire to the comfort of the hotel. Travelers requiring pickup service can book this directly through the hotel.
- Jinqian Jiahua International Hotel
The Jinqian Jiahua International Hotel is an ideal spot for travelers wanting to discover the city. The Jinqian Jiahua International Hotel offers a pleasant stay in Chishui for those traveling for business or leisure.
At the end of a busy day, travelers can unwind and relax in the hotel or go out and enjoy the city. Airport pickup can be arranged by the hotel upon request.
- Tongsheng Hotel
The Tongsheng Hotel is a great choice for guests looking for accommodation in Chishui, having been recently renovated in 2015. With Free in-room Wi-Fi available, you’ll have no problems keeping connected.
In their spare time, guests can explore the hotel’s surroundings.
Bingan Ancient Town: CNY 20
China Jurassic Park: CNY 25
Yanziyan National Forest Park: CNY 25
Sidonggou: CNY30 for the entrance fee, CNY 30 for the round-trip sight-seeing bus
How to Get There
- Take tourism special lines from Chishui Old Passenger Transport Station (located on the West Renmin Road in the downtown area) to the scenic spot.
- Hire a cab to visit the scenic spot. It costs around CNY 200 per day.
- Beijing and Guangzhou have direct flights to Zunyi, Guizhou province. It will take about 5 hours on the bus from Zunyi to Chishui with a ticket at about 80 yuan ($12).
Main Attractions in Guizhou
- Nine-dragon Cave Scenic Area
- Wumeng Grassland in Panzhou City
- Shiqian Hot Spring in Tongren
- Leigongshan Nature Reserve
- Suoga Long Horn Miao Ethnic Group Scenic Area
- Yushe National Forest Park in Shuicheng County
- Wumeng Mountain National Geopark
- Maotai Town
- Chishui National Scenic Zone
- Jiucaiping in Bijie
- Zunyi Meeting Site
- Daqikong Scenic Area in Libo County
- Caohai Lake in Bijie
- Baili Azalea Forest Park in Bijie
Edited by Lynette Fu/付云锐
2 thoughts on “Chishui River in Zunyi of Guihzou”