5 Days Lhasa and Yamdrok Lake Small Group Tour
With over 72km long, Yamdrok Lake has an outlet stream at its far western end and means turquoise in English due to its color. According to local mythology, Yamdok Yumtso lake is the transformation of a goddess. During this tour, we will visit the highlights of Lhasa city and have spectacular views of this Yamdrok Lake – one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet.
- Visit the highlights of Lhasa city – Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery, etc.
- Have spectacular views of this Yamdrok Lake – one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet.
- Day 1: Lhasa Arrival
- Day 2: Lhasa
- Day 3: Lhasa
- Day 4: Lhasa – Yamdrok Lake – Lhasa
- Day 5: Lhasa Departure
Day 1 Lhasa Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
Welcome to the roof of the world – Lhasa! Upon arrival, met by tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Have a good rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet.
Day 2 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, Barkhor Street
After breakfast at hotel, the Lhasa tour begins with the must-see attraction – Potala Palace, the largest monastery of its type in the world and official home to Dalai Lama.
Day 3 Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery
After breakfast at hotel, drive to visit Drepung Monastery – one of the three great monasteries in Tibet. Then move on to another one of the “great three” Gelug university monasteries of Tibet – Sera Monastery.
Day 4 Lhasa – Yamdrok Lake – Lhasa
Sightseeing and Activities: Yamdrok Lake
In the morning, drive over the Gampala pass(4790m) and visit Yamdrok-tso(4400m) – one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet, which is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and is fed by numerous small streams. Also have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar in the distance, the highest mountain near Lhasa.
In the afternoon, drive back to the Lhasa.
Day 5 Lhasa Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:
Today your wonderful Tibet tour will complete. Be escorted to the airport for your flight and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations: hotels based on twin occupancy as specified(Except day tours);
- Sharing English-speaking tour guide;
- Sharing vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.