4 Days Daocheng Yading Nature Reserve Tour by Flight
Sitting at Southwest Sichuan Province and close to the border of Northwest Yunnan Province, Daocheng Yading Scenic Area is one of the most beautiful places on the Tibetan plateau in western Sichuan. It is honoured as “the Last Shangri-La”, famous for its unique wonderful sceneries including three holy snow capped mountains, forested valleys, clear rivers, glcaier-fed lakes, as well as authentic tibetan culture. This tour will show you Daocheng Yading within a short time.
- The three snow-capped mountains are “Chenresig, Chana Dorje and Jampelyang”.
- The beautiful and stunning sacred lakes are Pearl Lake, Five-color Lake and Milk Lake.
- See the largest site of ancient ice on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, widely known as “the ancient ice cap of Daocheng”.
- Day 1: Chengdu – Riwa
- Day 2: Riwa – Yading Scenic Area – Riwa
- Day 3: Riwa – Yading Scenic Area – Daocheng
- Day 4: Daocheng – Chengdu
Day 1: Chengdu – Riwa
Sightseeing and Activities: Haizi Mountain, Red grassland, Tibetan monastery Bangpu
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Today, our tour guide will pick you up and escort you to Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport to take an early flight to Daocheng Yading Airport, which is the world’s highest airport(4411m). After the arrival, you will be welcomed by the local guide & driver and be escorted to Riwa Town(Now Shangri-La Town).
Along the road, there are many things to see. Haizi Mountain, the largest site of ancient ice on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, widely known as “the ancient ice cap of Daocheng”. The red grassland leans close to winding rivers that is one of iconic attractions in autumn. And the 900 years old Tibetan monastery Bangpu, the vast forests…
After arrival at Riwa, check in your hotel and have a good rest to acclimate the high altitude.
Day 2: Riwa – Luorong Pasture – Milk Lake – Five-color Lake – Riwa
Sightseeing and Activities: Luorong Pasture, Milk Lake, Five-color Lake, Three holy snow mountains
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Get up early in the morning, and be transferred to the entrance of Yading National Park and then take the sightseeing bus to Zhaguanbeng Stop, from which you will arrive the core of Yading.
Take the local Battery Car to Luorong Pasture (4150m), which is a natural pasture for herds of sheep and cows. You can choose to ride a horse(Paid by yourself) up to Milk Lake (4600m) and Five-Color Lake (4600m) for sightseeing. Or hiking tour up to Milk Lake and Five-Color Lake. From here, you can also have closer magnificent views of three holy snow mountains – Chenresig (Xiannairi), Jambeyang (Yangmaiyong) and Chanadorje (Xianuoduoji).
The hiking tour will take you about 6 to 7 hours. Then return to Yading tourist center and transferred back to Riwa for accommodation and dinner.
Day 3: Riwa – Chonggu Temple – Pearl Lake – Daocheng
Sightseeing and Activities: Chonggu Temple, Pearl Lake, Mt. Xiannairi
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today you will start to visit the Chonggu Temple and learn about its story. It is said that it was destroyed badly with ruins remained and there is no record to prove the building time. Then hike about 1 hour to the next station – Pearl Lake to view the holy peak – Mt. Xiannairi. Then be transferred back to Daocheng county for accommodation and dinner.
Day 4: Daocheng – Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities: free activity
Meals: No Meals
Free activity before being transferred to Daocheng Yading airport. Our tour guide will pick you up from Chengdu Shuangliu Airport and transfer you to your hotel.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Airfare between Daocheng Yading airport and Chengdu;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.