1 Day Hanging Temple and Yungang Grottoes Tour
Datong, the capital of Northern Wei, and the auxiliary capital of Liao & Jin, has numerous historical sites, including the famous Yungang Grottoes, Huayan Temple, Nine Dragon Screen, etc. During this one day Datong tour, you will be marveled at the 51,000 Buddha statues of Yungang Grottoes and the ancient Hanging Temple built into a sheer cliff, which are the must-see attractions of Datong tour.
- Marveled at the world-famous Yungang Grottos.
- Visit the Hanging Temple leaning from a sheer cliff.
In the morning, picked up by tour guide and start today’s tour with Yungang Grottoes. With their 252 caves and 51,000 statues, Yungang Grottoes are excellent examples of rock-cut architecture and one of the three most famous ancient Buddhist sculptural sites of China.
Then, drive about 1.5 hours to visit the Hanging Temple. Built more than 1,500 years ago, this temple is notable for its location on a sheer precipice and the only existing temple with the combination of three Chinese traditional religions: Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.
After the visit, drive 1.5 hours back to your hotel in Datong and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.