The Fortune Global Sustainability Forum 2019
The inaugural FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum will be held September 4-6, 2019 on the shores of majestic Fuxian Lake in Yunnan, China. The theme is Green Grows Up: Forging A New Environmental Consensus.
This two-day summit will focus on the convergence of energy, technology, and sustainability, convening senior leaders in business, government, NGOs, and academia from around the world. For Fortune 500 companies, municipalities, environmental activists, and citizens alike, the mandate has become clear: align for change or face the risk of being eliminated. As new technologies, new regulation, new thinking, and a new sense of collaboration have emerged, the need for consensus and change has become an essential part of boardroom fiduciary responsibility. The sessions in Yunnan will provide a broad international perspective on the most pressing sustainability issues we are facing.
We believe that collectively there are solutions to these growing environmental problems, and working together in Yunnan we will explore cutting-edge thinking from around the world, examine new opportunities, and leave with a new understanding of the challenges business is facing, and opportunities for local action. We will gather at the 5-star Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake, on the northeast edge of one of China’s deepest freshwater lakes. You can’t afford to miss this unique gathering of the minds and the solutions that will emerge.
Find CWR at:
Opening plenary session: Reviving the Yangtze: The Campaign to Clean up China’s Vital Waterway (4 September 2019)
- Ma Jun, Founding Director, Institute of Public & Environmental Affairs (China)
- Debra Tan, Founder and Executive Director, China Water Risk
Future Forums: The Future of Water (5 September 2019)
- Prof. Asit Biswas, Chief Executive, Third World Center for Water Management, Mexico
- Aditi Mukherji, Principal Researcher, International Water Management Institute
- Arnaud Penverne, Senior Vice President, China, Veolia Group
- Cecilia Tortajada, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Water Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Marjorie Yang, Chairman, Esquel Group
- Moderator: Debra Tan, Founder and Executive Director, China Water Risk
Source: fortuneconferences.com Update: September 5, 2019