3 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: Jinshanling, Gubeikou, and Simatai Great Wall
During this 3 days tour,we will hike on the Jinshanling Great Wall, and camping in the Haowanglou Tower on Gubeikou Great Wall in the first day. Second day we will have an exciting hiking experience from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall. And at the end we will visit the Simatai Great Wall and experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town.
- Exciting hiking tour from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall
- Experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town
- Explore World Cultural Heritage, Simatai Great Wall
- Enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall
- Camping in the Haowanglou Tower on Gubeikou Great Wall
- Day 1: Jinshanling Great Wall
- Day 2: Gubeikou Great Wall-Jinshanling Great Wall
- Day 3: Simatai Great Wall-Gubei Water Town
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jinshanling Great Wall; Camping in the Haowanglou Tower
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel at 8:00 am (If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly). It takes about 2.5 hours to the Jinshanling Great-wall, which is one of the ancient walls in China, more than 2000 years history.
You could climb up to the great wall or you could take cable car up to the great wall. We suggest you climb up to the great wall as this section is easy to hike. We start the hike from Zhuanduokou Pass, we will hike over 15 watch towers (about 5 km) and arrive at East Five – Window Tower which takes about 4 hours, come down from the East Five – Window Tower. Or we could just hike about 4 km and arrive at Houchuankou Pass which takes about 3 hours, come down from the Houchuankou Pass.
Hike level is about 3.
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Sleep in Haowanglou Tower on Gubeikou Great Wall for overnight.
We’ll prepare the necessary camping facilities such as tents, sleeping bags, etc. You don’t need to prepare anything for the camping.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Gubeikou Great Wall; Jinshanling Great Wall
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise. After breakfast in Haowanglou Tower, we start the hike.
We will hike about 10 towers and reach 24- Window Tower which takes about 1 hour. 24 – Window Tower is the end of Gubeikou section for this hiking tour. As some part of the Gubeikou Great Wall belongs to the army, so we should come down from 24 – Window Tower and go cross the bushes, which takes about 1.5 hours to cross the mountain. Then we will arrive at the Jinshanling Great Wall. Jinshanling Great Wall is a UNESO Heritage site and has most magnificent scenery around the wall. We will pass through Taochunkou Pass, West Five – Window Tower, Zhuanduokou Pass, etc. About 7 towers with about 1 hour hike on Jinshanling section, come down from Zhuanduokou Pass.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, transfer back to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Day 3 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Simatai Great Wall; Gubei Water Town
Today’s hiking begins at around 9:30 am. After breakfast, we start the tour.
Firstly, hike total 10 towers with about 2 hours on the Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Town, It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features.
After lunch, visit Gubei Water Town. The Water Town covers an area of 9 square kilometers including reproduced cultural streets, accommodation, restaurants etc. There are four guesthouses and 2 hotels to accommodation visitors. You can spend as long as 2 days in the town with many cultural activities.
Hike level is about 2.
After the tour, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.