2 Days Luoyang and Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Tour
Henan province is the important cradle of the Chinese civilization where you can explore. Luoyang Longmen Grottoes and Songshan Shaolin Temple are both UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001100
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Luoyang-Shaolin Temple-Luoyang
Departure City: Luoyang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture Kungfu History
Henan province is the important cradle of the Chinese civilization where you can explore. Luoyang Longmen Grottoes and Songshan Shaolin Temple are both UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in Henan. This short stay tour are suitable for those visitors who have limited time but with great interests to Chinese culture.
- Experience the authentic Shaolin Kung Fu.
- Appreciate the fine example of Chinese Buddhist art at Longmen Grottoes.
- Day 1: Luoyang
- Day 2: Luoyang – Shaolin – Luoyang
Day 1 Luoyang
Sightseeing and Activities: Longmen Grottoes, Luoyang Museum, White Horse Temple
In the early morning, met by tour guide in Luoyang and transferred to visit the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site – Longmen Grottoes. Located on both sides of the Yi River to the south of the ancient capital of Luoyang, it comprises more than 2,300 caves and niches carved into the steep limestone cliffs over 1km long stretch.
Then have lunch and continue our tour to Luoyang Museum, which offers exhibits of the rich cultural heritage of Luoyang. There are over 2000 cultural relics of different dynasties in Chinese history, which reflects the historic development of the city.
After that, move on to White Horse Temple, the first Buddhist temple in China and renowned as the cradle of Chinese Buddhism. It was established in 68 AD under the patronage of Emperor Ming in the capital Luoyang of Eastern Han dynasty.
Day 2 Luoyang – Shaolin – Luoyang
Sightseeing and Activities: Shaolin Temple, Pagoda Forest, Shaolin Kung Fu Show
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Morning, drive about 1.5 hours to Shaolin Temple, which is about 80km away from Luoyang. With a history of more than 1500 years, it is reputed as the Head Temple of all Zen Buddhist temples in China. And in the year of 2010, it was listed as the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
Then move on to Pagoda Forest to see hundreds of stone pagodas and graveyard for the monks through the ages.
Shaolin Kung Fu performance is another highlight of this tour, which is performed by the professional performance team from Shaolin Tagou Wushu School.
After the tour, drive back to your hotel in Luoyang. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.