2 Days Fujian Tulou Tour to Nanjing and Yongding (Stay in Xiayang Town)
During the Fujian Tulou tour, we will know more about the history of the buildings and the lifestyles here....
Code of Tour: CDT0000001025
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Xiamen-Nanjing-Yongding-Xiayang-Xiamen
Departure City: Fujian Tulou
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Photo Culture History Landscape
Fujian Tulou has been variously called “Hakka tulou”, “earth dwelling” or “round stronghouse”. It is a traditional communal Hakka people residence and unique earthen building found in Fujian province. It was included on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008.
- Learn more about the history of Tulou in Nanjing and Yongding Counties.
- Appreciate the Earth Buildings listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Day 1: Xiamen – Nanjing – Yongding
- Day 2: Xiayang – Nanjing – Xiamen
Day 1 Xiamen – Nanjing – Yongding
Sightseeing and Activities: Tianluokeng Tulou, Yuchanglou, Taxia village, Chengqilou
Accommodation: Xiayang town
In the morning, our tour guide will pick you up from hotel and drive about 3 hours to Shuyang in Nanjing. Upon arrival, head to visit Tianluokeng Tulou, Yuchanglou and Taxia village. Tianluokeng Tulou cluster is one of the better known groups of Fujian Tulou. It consists of a square earth building at the center of a quincunx, surrounded by four round earth buildings. Yuchanglou is the oldest and biggest round earth building, famous for its tilted pillars, which covers an area of 6358 square meters with 5 storeys and 270 rooms. Taxia village is part of the Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster with fine environment and the healthy ways of life. People living here are longevous.
Then move on to Yongding for visiting Chengqilou in Gaobei Village. Built in 1709, it is massive round tulou with four concentric rings surrounding an ancestral hall at the center, four storeys and 72 rooms on each level.
After the tour, check in hotel in Xiayang.
Day 2 Xiayang – Nanjing – Xiamen
Sightseeing and Activities: Chuxi Tulou Cluster, Heguilou, Changjiao Ancient Village, Huaiyuanlou
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Morning, head to visit Chuxi Tulou Cluster, which is a group of earthen structures or “tulou” dating to the Ming Dynasty, embraced by green rolling hills and a winding stream named Peach Blossom Stream.
Then continue today’s tour to Heguilou, Changjiao Ancient Village and Huaiyuanlou. Heguilou is the tallest of the rectangular shaped tulous built on swampland, about 3,000 square meters and 21.5 meters high with 5 storeys. Changjiao Ancient Village(also called Yunshuiyao village) is a time-honored ancient village with many banyans. Huaiyuanlou, nearby Yunshuiyao village, built in 1909, is one of the best protected double circular tulous in the area.
After the tour, drive back to Xiamen and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.