Guijie Street in Beijing
The layout of Guijie Street is like a dumbbell, wider in the two ends and narrower in the middle. Thanks to the advantageous location, restaurants in both ends are more popular and flourishing.
English Name: Guijie Street in Beijing
Type: Beijing Scenic Area, Beijing famous spots & Beijing attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is Guijie Street so Special?
Guijie Street is located inside Dongzhimen, west to the east end of Jiaodaokou east street. Here is a famous night market in Beijing, where many delicious foods are gathered. It is an indispensable part of Beijing’s nightlife. Today, this street is also a perfect place for the Beijing food exhibition. Guijie is surrounded by a number of embassies that make it easy for foreign visitors and staff in Beijing to sample authentic Chinese cuisine.
Where is Guijie Street?
Guijie Street is hidden behind Dongzhimen, from Dongzhimen overpass in the east to Jiaodaokou East Street in the west. There are more than 150 stores in this street, 90% of which are restaurants, making it one of the most prosperous snack streets in Beijing and often leading the city’s food trend. Gui Street is like a dumbbell in layout, with wide ends and narrow middle. Due to its superior geographical location, restaurants at both ends are more popular and prosperous.
Main Attraction of Guijie Street
As the most unique food street in Beijing, Gui Street stands out in many aspects.
- 24-hour service:
Almost all the restaurants in the street are open day and night, providing good service. Although diners can go to the street at any time of the day, the best time is at night, when the street shows the greatest charm.
- Cheap price:
Food prices are fair and friendly to customers. The average cost per capita is between CNY 50 and 100 pounds.
- Recommended specialties:
Spicy crayfish, crabs, bullfrogs and Wanzhou grilled fish are cooked with Sichuan cuisine and are essential specialties for people who like spicy food. Tender meat cooked with rich spices can really stimulate your taste buds.
In addition, traditional Beijing snacks, such as lamb tripe, Beijing roast duck and Xie Yangzi (sheep ridge hot pot), have attracted many gourmets.
- Top restaurants in Ghost Street:
Xiao Lin Hot Pot, Spicy Lobster (Mara Oil), Wayao Bullfrog, Hi Spicy Hot Pot
Today, Gui Street is famous not only for its cheap and delicious food, but also for its nightlife culture. Young people often spend evenings here to celebrate important events. For example, during the Olympic games, the world cup and important personal anniversaries, they will enjoy rich food and drink local yanjing beer to relax. When you go out to play at night, the busy Guangxi street will definitely present another version of Beijing before your eyes.
Best Time to Travel Guijie Street
September and October are the best travel times.
Autumn is the most beautiful season in Beijing. As autumn grows stronger, the leaves of various trees are still fresh green, some are beginning to yellow, and some are brilliant red and flowery. Around October, the red leaves of Xiangshan Mountain became more and more red and more colorful. People who climbed the mountain to admire the red leaves came in an endless stream. In the morning after the autumn rain, the air was clear and clear.
How to Get There
- By Subway:
1. Take subway line 5 and get off at Beixinqiao station.
2. Take subway line 2 or line 13 and get off at Dongzhimen station.
- By Bus:
1. Take bus 24, 106, 107, 117, 635 or Night Line 6 or 10, and get off at Dongneixiaojie or Dongzhimennei Station.
2. Take bus 24, 117, 131, 413, 635, 850, 850 Express, 916, 935, 966, Fast Transit Line 72, or Night Line 6, 10, or 32 and get off at Dongzhimen Station.
3. Take bus 107, 612, 635 or Night Line 10 and get off at Beixinqiao Lukou Xi Station.
Useful Travel Tips
- Lianhuachi Park in Beijing
- Miaofeng Mountain in Beijing
- Stone Flower Cave in Beijing
- Longqing Gorge in Beijing
- Purple Bamboo Garden in Beijing
- Lingshan Mountain in Beijing
Recommended Beijing Tour Packages
- 1 Day Beijing City Tour with Badaling Great Wall, Ming Tombs and The Sacred Way
- 1 Day Beijing City Tour with Forbidden City, The Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square
- 1 Day Beijing City Group Tour with Tian’an Men Square, Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall
- 2 Days Beijing Highlights Tour with Beijing Roast Duck and Kong Fu Show
- 3 Days Beijing Highlights Tour
- 4 Days Best Beijing City Tour
- 5 Beijing City Tour