Fragrant Hills Park in Beijing
Fragrant Hills Park or Xiangshan Park is a public park and former imperial garden at the foot of the Western Hills. It was also formerly known as Jingyi Garden or "Jingyiyuan" (静宜园).
English Name: Fragrant Hills Park
Chinese Name: 北京香山公园
Attraction Type: Beijing Attraction, Park, Nature
Best Time to Visit: Whole year
Recommended Visiting Time: about 3-4hours
Admission Fee: CNY 5-15
Address in English: No. 40, Maimai street, Haidian District, Beijing
Address in Chinese: 北京市海淀区买卖街40号
Why is Fragrant Hills Park in Beijing so Special?
Fragrant Hills Park or Xiangshan Park is a public park and former imperial garden at the foot of the Western Hills. It was also formerly known as Jingyi Garden or “Jingyiyuan” (静宜园). It consists of a natural pine-cypress forest, hills with maple trees, smoke trees and persimmon trees, as well as landscaped areas with traditional architecture and cultural relics. The name derives from the park’s highest peak, Xianglu Feng.
Where is Fragrant Hills Park in Beijing?
Fragrant Hills Park is located in the Haidian District, in the northwestern part of Beijing.
How to Get There?
- Take the No. 698, 714, 630, Special line 5, 360, 318, 331, 854, 505, 634, 696 and get off at Xiangshan stop.
- Take the No. 2 ring line and get off at Xizhimen (西直门), then take the No. 360 bus and get to Xiangshan Park.
- Take Metro Line 10 to Bagou Station. Then transfer to Western Suburban Line and get off at Xiangshan Station. Walk southwest around 900 meters to arrive at the ticket office of this park.
- Take Metro Line 4 and get off at Beigongmen Station. Get out from Exit A and transfer to bus 563 to Xiangshan Gongyuan Dongmen (east gate of the Fragrant Hills Park) Station. Visitors can also take bus 331 from Beihongmen
Attractions of Fragrant Hills Park in Beijing
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
The hall was a temple and had its own name before Sun’s death in 1925, Mr. Sun Yat-sen died on Mar. 12th, 1925 and his coffin was once sent to this temple before being transferred to Nanjing (where the Kuomintang regime and government were built), people grieved over Sun’s death at the temple and renamed the temple as the memorial hall for Sun Yat-sen.
Zhisong means the place to understand pine trees. It is located in the west of the main visiting artery, over 100 ancient pine trees are living there.
Shuangqing means a villa with two clean springs. It is a quiet courtyard built in 1917 due to the flood in Heibei province (Beijing is a municipality directly under the Central Government but located in Heibei province), Chairman Mao once lived here before moving to Zhongnanhai (where the Chinese VIP works).
Useful Travel Tips
- Admission Fee: Apr. 1 to Nov. 15: CNY 10; Nov. 16 to Mar. 31: CNY 5
- Temple of Azure Clouds: CNY 10
- Combo Ticket (the park + Temple of Azure Clouds): Apr. 1 to Nov. 15: CNY 15; Nov. 16 to Mar. 31: CNY 14
- Opening Hours: Apr. 1 – Jun. 30: 06:00 to 18:30; Jul. 1 – Aug. 31: 06:00 to 19:00; Sep. 1 – Nov. 15: 06:00 to 18:30; Nov. 16 – Mar. 31: 06:00 to 18:00
- 6 Days Beijing and Zhangjiakou 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Tour
- 7 Days Beijing and Zhangjiakou 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Tour